Powerful brushless motor technology: Despite its small size and light weight, our motor will give you the maximum power output allowed by the European Union, 250W to be precise. Likewise with speed, at 15.5mph, you are utilizing the maximum legal speed limit in the UK and EU. The motor is a purpose built freewheel design, which means there is no resistance loading the motor as it spins forward. In fact, whether you pedal your bike or coast on it freely, there still won't be any resistance regardless whether the motor is operating or disengaged. Unlike the crank drive, we've designed the system to be totally separate from the pedals.
Advanced Lithium-ion Battery: Unlike the old, big, heavy and unreliable SLA batteries, all our batteries are based on new Lithium-Ion technology, much more reliable and offering incredible power at very low weight. Each charge will last roughly 20-30 miles depending on terrain, weight of the cyclist etc. The battery is detachable and comes with a charger.
One of the lightest kits available: Conversion kits have traditionally suffered from the heavy and bulky load on your bike, especially with the old SLA batteries. Our alloy material and lightweight technology have changed this for good. The entire kit will add a mere 3kgs to the weight of your bike!
Easy to maintain: We have deliberately designed the hub motor to go on the front wheel. Combined with pedaling, this gives you an all-wheel-drive experience. But more importantly, it makes the bike much easier to service and cheaper to maintain.
Cheap to run: Travelling on battery power is a lot cheaper than fuel. To illustrate, given that you swap your car for the efficiency of our kit, we estimate that the kit will pay for itself within the first 6 months in fuel savings alone (based on an average journey of 10 miles). Not only that, once you factor in tax, mot, insurance, repairs, parking fees, congestion charges etc, your return on investment is suddenly within a couple of months!
Since a Lithium-Ion battery is included, this is the best value for money conversion kit you can find on the market.
For more info, please visit: www.cyclotricity.com
Please note: If you need a pedal assistance system or prefer a battery option other than the default seatpost battery, please contact us.
- Motor: 250W brushless front hub motor (reaches maximum speed allowed by UK/EU regulation, i.e. 15.5mph)
- Wheel size: 20inch, 24inch, 26inch, 700c, 28inch or 29er (please choose from the drop-down menu at the top)
- Wheel material: Double walled alloy rim with reinforced spokes to withstand higher pressure.
- Throttle: thumb type.
- Brake levers: Electric levers that also cut the power when applied.
- Brake compatibility: Compatible with both disc brakes and V-brakes (if your bike is fitted with hydraulic brakes, please contact us)
- Battery: 36V/7Ah Lithium-Ion (20-30 miles range between charges depending on terrain, weight of cyclists, frequent use of PAS, frequency of stops/starts, air pressure in tires etc.)
- The battery is detachable and comes with a charger.
- Battery rack: clinges unto the seat tube and allowing the battery to slide in and out easily. The rack also holds the controller in a special compartment.
The kit is a front motor-wheel, making it incredibly simple to install. It usually takes less than an hour to complete the installation. But if you are not the DIY type, you can always seek assistance from a local bike shop. A full installation guide can be found on www.cyclotricity.com
NOTE: We can also customize these kits according to your needs. I.e. if you prefer to add a Pedal Assistance System, a handlebar dashboard control system or just a different battery shape, please contact us or have a look at the online shop on the CycloTricity website.
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT KITS:
1- To have your bike road legal, always pick a kit with a maximum of 250W motor and no more than 15.5mph speed to comply with UK and EU law.
2- Always pick a kit with a Lithium battery and NOT an SLA battery. SLA kits you find online are known for their reliability issues (such as memory problems and discharge) as well as poor durability. Since batteries are the most expensive part to replace, getting a reliable one is of utmost importance in a kit purchase.
If you have any questions, we're more than happy to assist and will endeavor to reply as promptly as possible.