- Receives free-to-view digital TV (DVB-T and DVB-C) as well as analogue TV
- Receives FM radio
- Conveniently-sized USB stick
- Contains a full-size coaxial plug; does not require an adapter
- Comes with an EyeTV Remote
TV Tuner Stick for DVB-T, DVB-C, Analog TV & FM-Radio
Superbly engineered and supremely versatile, EyeTV Hybrid delivers free-to-view digital television to your Mac via aerial (DVB-T, also known as DTT or Freeview) and cable (DVB-C), as well as analogue television via cable and aerial. With EyeTV Hybrid, you can also tune in to local FM radio on your Mac.
Despite its small size, EyeTV Hybrid contains a full-size and built-in coaxial plug and does not require an adapter to connect cable or an aerial. What’s more, EyeTV Hybrid comes with a composite (RCA) and S-Video break-out cable to connect a variety of devices to your Mac, such as a set top box for premium channels and satellite, a VCR, or a Camcorder.
Superb quality digital TV recordings
EyeTV Hybrid records digital TV in one quality setting, lossless. The digital stream is recorded unaltered for full quality digital content as encoded by the broadcaster. EyeTV Hybrid also supports multilingual programming and Dolby® Digital sound.
EyeTV Hybrid processes analogue signals using the encoder built into the EyeTV software together with your Mac’s processor. As a result, the quality of analogue video depends on the processor speed of your Mac.
EyeTV Hybrid is the only EyeTV device that delivers FM radio to your Mac as well as television. Tune in, record your favourite radio programmes, and export them into iTunes to enjoy later on your iPod or iPhone.
TV Software for Mac
The included EyeTV 3 software from Elgato turns your Mac into the coolest TV and DVR in the house. This award-winning TV software enables you to:
- Watch, pause, and rewind live TV on your Mac
- Search two weeks of Program Guide listings
- Set up schedules to record your favourite TV programmes
- Edit out unwanted content
- Share recordings with other Macs on the same network
EyeTV 3 software offers special features for Mac users, including Smart Series Guides, Smart Playlists, automatic exports to iTunes, and support for the EyeTV for iPhone app.
Windows PC Compatibility
You can use EyeTV Hybrid with a Mac or PC.
EyeTV Hybrid is compatible with Windows 7 or later and works great as a DVB-T and analog tuner in Windows Media Center. The included THC software for Windows supports DVB-T, DVB-C, FM radio and many of the same features that are offered by EyeTV 3 software.
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7 or later, 2.0 GHz Intel/AMD CPU
- Freeview HD, encrypted programs and/or DVB-T2 broadcasts are not supported.
- The availability and amount of program information varies depending on the channel.
- Analogue TV is processed using software encoding; the quality of the recording will depend on your computer's processor speed.
Digital terrestrial television is also known as DVB-T, DTT, Freeview in the UK, and TNT in France. DVB-T reception can vary by location, and a rooftop aerial may be required in areas with a weak or obstructed DVB-T signal.
Analogue, FM, DVB-T/C Tuner
- Frequency range: 48-860MHz (VHF and UHF)
- Analogue TV standards: PAL, SECAM
- Digital TV standards: DVB-T, DVB-C
- FM Radio
- Stereo Audio
- COFDM Demodulator: Supported modulations 16, 64, 128 and 256 QAM, QPSK; Bandwidths 6, 7, 8 MHz
UK residents, please note: Freeview HD or DVB-T2 is not supported.
Input and Output
- USB 2.0
- Aerial input: Coaxial connector (IEC)
- S-Video (via break out cable, included)
- Composite video (via break out cable, included)
- Stereo audio (via break out cable, included)
- IR remote control sensor
About Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT)
Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) represents the future of television broadcasting, providing interference-free reception and remarkable digital picture and sound quality.
DTT reception and programming varies by country, and even city to city.
Check this page to learn more about DTT reception in your area.
- EyeTV Hybrid TV receiver
- DVB-T rod aerial with tilt/swivel magnetic base and detachable suction cup
- Infrared remote control with battery pack
- USB cable
- Video cable
- Quick Start Guide