This is a pre owned JAPANESE
FENDER MIJ STRATOCASTER FOTO FLAME 62 REISSUE GUITAR in LOVELY original condition.
Model ST62D GF
BUILT IN 1994/95, IN JAPAN, in the FUGI-JEN -
Made In Japan and Serial number S014337 stamped on the reverse of the neck.
ST62D GF stamped inside the neck pocket on the body (see Pics)
THIS FINE EXAMPLE HAS THE FOTO FLAMETOP SUNBURST FINISH IN with the white scratchplate. JUST STUNNING!!
You will need to locate a whammy bar but they can be sourced here on ebay for a few pounds.
THIS STRAT IS IN FANTASTIC CONDITION and this guitar is 19 years old. These strats are a pretty rare find!
These "MIJ" Strats are arguably the best Fender Strats ever built. They really are up there and beyond the Fender USA standards....in fact, I know its open to opinion, but the sound and tone from these pups blows a Mexican fender out of the water and sets the guitar apart from a USA strat. Some would say a better guitar all round. The necks are beautiful and you can feel and hear the quality. Attention to detail on these MIJ's is second to none...they really are a detailed replica of the 62 models with:
- A rosewood fretboard with truss rod adjustment at the body end of the neck, no truss access above the nut, and no ‘skunk’ stripe on the back of the neck.
- A honey-coloured finish on the maple areas of the neck (as opposed to pale, unstained wood).
- Three single coil pickups with staggered-height alnico (mid-greyish), unchamfered pole-pieces.
- A 3-ply white/black/white scratchplate – held to the body with 11 screws.
- A vintage tremolo/vibrato bridge held to the body with six crosshead, dome-top screws.
- A pre-1964 style ‘spaghetti’ Fender logo on the headstock.
- Generous body contouring with plenty of arm and chest relief and relatively light weight.
- Individual routings in the body for each pickup – i.e. not a universal ‘swimming pool’ routing.
- Kluson-style vintage machine heads with nickel plating, oval pegs, and no branding.
- A blank neckplate, with both ‘Made in Japan’ and the serial number on the back of the neck just above its join with the body.
- A single nickel plated string guide on the headstock.
There is NO buckle rash on the back, just a couple of small dints , see pics, but nothing too much, very light polishing swirls on the body and a couple of tiny tiny light scratches almost too small even to take a picture of. There is a tiny dint on the upper edge of the headstock but again, unless you know its there, so insignificant you don't really notice it.
There are the first signs of very very minimal little dints on the fretwires on the first few frets but really insignificant. There is no wear to the fretboard.. you would never think that this guitar is 19 years old!
We try to describe as accurately as possible but .. be in NO doubt.. You will be hard pressed to find another used 19 year like this one.
ANY WHITE MARKS ARE REFLECTIONS FORM OUR LIGHTS!
CLICK ON A PIC TO SEE AN ENLARGED IMAGE
(WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE PICS YOU MAY SEE OTHER ITEMS OF OUR SHOP INVENTORY/ STOCK, guitars, cases, amps etc..... BUT ONLY THE GUITAR IN THE DESCRIPTION HERE AND IN THE TITLE HERE IS FOR SALE THROUGH THIS LISTING.)
A naturally aged example with all the attributes. This beautiful classic sunburst Fender Japanese 62 reissue was made in the Fuji Gen factory.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a REALLY beautiful 19 year old guitar, with exceptional build quality, feel, playability and above all tone. If you are a strat lover then you need a strat like this 62 RI to remind you of what you first loved about the classic strat tone. It sounds "fuller" than any of the 50's re issues with a real warm neck pup tone and a well rounded bridge pup. Not too"shrill" on the high notes but clean , crisp and articulate even with a bit of overdrive. Not "muddy" as some pups can be with OD.
LOADS OF VINTAGE MOJO.
VERY RARE in this condition AND NOW a very COLLECTABLE GUITAR!!
THIS GUITAR WILL ONLY APPRECIATE IN VALUE IF YOU LOOK AFTER IT!!
WE USUALLY HAVE A STOCK OF PRACTICE AMPS AND HARD CASES IN STOCK ! VISIT OUR EBAY SHOP.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SUPPLY US WITH NAME, ADDRESS, POSTCODE & DAYTIME TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR THE COURIER COMPANY.
I will obtain and keep the proof of shipping.
Collection is NOT possible for this item, DELIVERY within UK ONLY.
WE DO NOT SHIP TO SOUTHERN OR NORTHERN IRELAND, TO THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS OR ISLES OR SHETLAND ISLES, ISLE OF WIGHT, ISLE OF MAN OR INFACT ANYWHERE OUTSIDE MAINLAND UK, UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENT.
OUR CARRIER DOES NOT SERVICE THESE AREAS AND A QUOTATION WILL HAVE TO BE MADE IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CASES!
WE DO NOT PAY FOR ANY RETURN POSTAGE OR CARRIER.
OUR P&P PRICE INCLUDES STAFF COSTS, MATERIALS AND POSTAGE /COURIER
DELIVERY BY 24 HR COURIER COLLECTED 2 WORKING DAYS AFTER PAYMENT FOR THIS ITEM HAS CLEARED
REMEMBER ,DELIVERY ONLY TO U.K. MAINLAND
ITEM CAN NOT BE COLLECTED.