The Genelec 8020B (Pair) Two-way active monitors. Genelec's smallest speaker system to date, designed for monitoring in difficult listening environments, particularly those compromised by lack of space.
However, size is no handicap to performance as the 8020 B two-way active monitoring system incorporates Genelec's acoustic design innovations to minimise all forms of distortion.
The Genelec 8020B has a die-cast aluminium Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE), which features relatively large internal volumes; softly curved edges and outstanding mechanical strength.
As a result, the imaging accuracy and low frequency extension with such a compact enclosure are truly astounding.
The Genelec 8020B also incorporates the advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW), which provides an amazingly smooth on and off axis response; while the long, curved reflex port ends in a wide flare for excellent bass articulation.
Each 8020 B monitor features a 105 mm (4 inch) bass driver along with a 19 mm (3/4 inch) tweeter loaded into a new advanced Genelec Directivity Controlled Waveguide (DCW).
The free field frequency response is 66 Hz to 20 kHz (+/- 2.5 dB). Maximum peak SPL output per pair with music material is 105 dB at 1 m. Bass and treble are each powered by 20 watt amplifiers.
The Genelec 8020B can be combined with the new 7050B Laminar Spiral Enclosure (LSE) subwoofer to provide a powerful, bass-managed and wide bandwidth surround sound monitoring system.
Key Features and Specifications:
- 2-way biamplified studio monitor with dual 20 Watt amplifiers and active crossover
- Magnetically shielded for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Applications include traditional stereo recording nearfield monitoring, or Surround mixing in project/home studios, workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms and mobile production vehicles
- Metal grille covering for drivers
- Front Panel power switch with LED and volume control
- Isolation Position/Decoupler(Iso-Pod) rubber speaker mount allows for precise vertical or horizontal speaker positioning, separates speaker from placement surface, eliminating rumble and other vibration related resonances
- Integrated rear support points for wall and floor stands, M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base
- Balanced XLR Input
- Balanced XLR Output for daisy-chaining multiple units in surround configurations or connection to Subwoofer
- Versatile rear panel Treble and Bass Tilt and Bass Roll-Off tone control switches for optimizing speaker to acoustic character of room environment
- Transparent Overload Protection circuitry
- SPL (Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz): 95 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output (per pair) with music material: 105 dB SPL @ 1m
- 4 inch (105mm) bass driver
- 3/4 inch (19mm) metal dome HF driver
- Crossover frequency at 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 66 Hz - 20 kHz (+/- 2.5 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch: Bass 20 W and Treble 20 W
- Monitor dimensions (H x W x D): 226 x 151 x 142 mm (Height with Iso-Pod 242 mm) or 8 7/8 x 6 x 5 5/8 inches (Height with Iso-Pod 9 1/2 inches)
- Monitor weight 3.7 kg (8.1 lb)
- Price displayed is for a boxed pair of monitors