Ultra-concentrated 4th generation gel EnergyGel Plus is a high carbohydrate sports fuel for instant energy with added Caffeine & Choline to increase endurance and improve explosive effort.
Easy to dispense, easy to consume and easy to digest.
Already been awarded Gel Of The Year for 2003.
Currently available in Orange and Raspberry flavour
Each 38g sachet of High5 Energy Gel Plus contains 23g of carbs, 35 mg of caffeine and 35 mg of Choline. Over 85% of all studies focusing on the use of caffeine among athletes demonstrate that caffeine offers significant advantages. In controlled amounts, caffeine stimulates the central nervous system, increases the release of adrenaline, and aids in the use of body fat as a fuel. The 35 mg of caffeine in each sachet of Energy Gel Plus is equal to about 2/3 cup of coffee.
Nerves cause muscles to contract by pushing small quantities of a chemical called acetylcholine across the neuromuscular space between the muscle and the nerve. Should you run out of acetylcholine then your muscles will not be able to contract no matter how much energy you have left.
During prolonged exercise Acetylcholine is broken down inside the neuromuscular junctions. Nerve cells then "grab" the Choline floating by in the blood, using it to make new acetylcholine and as a result, your blood Choline levels start decreasing. Naturally, if your exercise period goes on long enough, such as training for and competing in a marathon, your body's Choline levels will fall too low and acetylcholine production will come to a standstill and your nerve cells will simply refuse to stimulate your muscles resulting in you coming to a virtual standstill.
Choline is available in foods such as: liver, cauliflower, soybeans, spinach, lettuce, nuts, and eggs. However, the bottom line is that even a natural diet made up of Choline rich foods would not prevent the drop in blood Choline levels which happen after 12 miles or so of marathon running or any exercise period lasting more than 90 minutes.
Therefore to maintain your body's supply of Choline each sachet of High5 Energy Gel Plus contains 35mg of Choline which, when taken every 5 miles or so will provide you with enough Choline to keep you going to the finish at your target pace.
EnergyGel Plus Flavours: Orange in easy to open 38-gram foil sachets.
EnergyGel Consumer Advantages:
1. Pure carbohydrate for instant energy
2. Performance proven in the World’s toughest races
3. Real fruit flavour for a natural refreshing taste
4. Awarded Best Nutrition Product in 2001 and Best Gel in 2002
5. Gentle on the stomach and easily metabolised, even when you’re racing hard
6. Highly concentrated carbohydrate, therefore light to carry
7. Lets you race with what you know, not with what you’re given
8. 38g size for controlled carbohydrate intake
9. Contains electrolytes for maximum water and carbohydrate absorption
10. Less sweet than other gels
11. Not thick, so that even when cold and it won’t stick to your mouth
12. Easy twist neck with a controlled flow opening
13. Natural source of carbohydrate suitable for vegetarians and GMO free
14. Lightweight EnergyBelt to carry gels (see accessories)
15. 125 ml Gel Flask for one-handed dispensing of gel e.g. while on bike (see accessories)
Amount Per Servings:Nutrition Information
Per Sachet (38g)
Typical Values - Orange Plus,
Energy (kJ/kcal) 384/92
Protein (g) 0
Carbohydrate (g) 0 23
of which sugars (g) 7
Fat (g) 0
of which saturates (g) 0
Fibre (Dietary) (g) 0
Sodium (mg) 35
GMO Free Vegetarian Ok Nut Free
Maltodextrin, Water, Glucose, Fruit Juice Concentrate (Orange, Lemon), Natural Flavours, Sea Salt, Caffeine (30mg/pack), Choline Citrate, Taurine, Preservatives: Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.
Directions For Use:Gel acts quickly and gives a long lasting energy boost!