Details about HISTORIC 1950'S BIRSAY 250 RACE CAR SINGLE SEATER SPRINT HILL CLIMB CARSee original listing
02 Mar, 2012 22:22:41 GMT
[ 0 bids ]
Bicester, United Kingdom
Used: An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
|MOT Expiry:||--||Model Year:||--|
|Drive Side:||--||Reg. Date:||--|
|Previous Owners:||--||V5 Document:||--|
|Service History:||--||Interior/Comfort Options:||--|
This is the Birsay 250 which was built for the 250 Formula with a stressed skin monocoque at the front and engine bearing backbone at the rear. It was designed by Fred McArdell of Leeds and built by Jack Butcher and Rupert Steels. It has a Triumph Tiger Cub motorcycle engine and chain driven transmission. I believe it was restored around 15-20 years ago by Tony Steele and may have undergone further "improvements". The Birsay was a regular entrant in 250 Formula Race between 1955 and 1962. It first appeared at Brands Hatch in September 1955 although did not finish. It came second in R2 in December 1955 driven by McArdell. There were several seconds for McArdell and Watson at Brands Hatch in 1956. There are also records of 1st and 4th places in 1956 for Birsay at the 250MC sprint at Stapleford, again with Watson and McArdell themselves driving. This is an extremely rare car, possibly unique. It is in good order but I would advise a good look over before serious driving. It is in pale lemon with an orange nose band. It may be welcome in the class D of the 500 OA Circuit Racing Championship. I HAVE NOT RUN THIS YET BUT DO NOT SEE WHY THE ENGINE WOULD NOT START AS IT HAS GOOD COMPRESSION AND GOOD CLEAN SPARK FRKM THE MAG . the dash dials are not conected but apart from this i can not see why this would not run. this is sold as seen and NO LIABILITY ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES - NO WARRANTY GIVEN OR IMPLIED. viewing welcome .
cash on collectin of vehicle chq will have to clear first before removing .
For more pictures please email me.
NOW FOR THE BORING BIT - PLEASE NOTE THAT BY BIDDING YOU ARE AGREEING WITH THESE TERMS SO READ CAREFULLY TO SAVE ARGUMENTS LATER.
1. All Auctions are final so ask the question before you bid if you are not sure about something. I take care to describe the item as accurately as possible but am more than happy to answer any questions relating to it
2. Firm Payment to be received within 5 days please
3. Payment can be via Paypal or in GBP sterling / cheques / money orders drawn from UK banks only
4. I do not accept US$ cash or cheques/checks
5. I will combine postage for multiple items or you can collect from me in person if that suits you better
6. I pack well and charge a little extra for doing so - see my feedback
7. ITEMS ARE POSTED WITHIN THE WORKING WEEK ( 5 DAYS OR USUALLY EARLIER SEE FEED BACK POSTED QUOTED IS MAINLAND U.K ONLY I.E IRELAND WOULD BE EXTRA . )
8 AS WITH ALL ELECTRICAL / STEAM AND ENGINEERING ITEMS IT THIS SHOULD BE TESTED BY A COMPETENT PERSON ALL ITEMS SOLD UNTESTED .NO WARRANTY GIVEN OR IMPLIED & NO LIABILITY ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALL RETURNS AT BUYERS EXPENCE.
IF YOU REQUIRE MORE INFO PHONE 07876705004 OR EMAIL AT DAVE.BROWN58@BTOPENWORLD.COM
Powered by eBay Turbo Lister
Return policy details
The seller won't accept returns for this item.
Sellers may be required to accept returns for items that are not as described. Learn more about your rights as a buyer. - opens in a new window or tab