HOME PODCAST STUDIO MICROPHONE RECORD USB/PC+DESK STAND
The U600 USB powered condenser microphone opens up a new era of high quality recording direct to your PC.No mixers, pre-amps or special studio gear is required.This plug and play microphone works with Windows7, Vista, XP, MacOSX etc...Just plug the U600 mic into your computer, set your preferences and enjoy instant professional quality recordings.
This microphone is designed for ease of connection to a PC via a USB connection.This effectively bipasses the sound card and provides a low latency means of recording vocals direct to the PC hard drive.The microphone can be used with any recording software.The microphone provides extreme clarity and pure reproduction of vocals making it ideal for both voice recording and podcasting.
Specification of U600 USB powered condenser microphone
- USB powered direct connection to a computer - requires no soundcard to record.
- Digital plug and play records direct to your computer.
- Works with windows7/Vista/XP/NT/2000, Mac OSX.
- Works with most common software - audacity, goldwave, samplitude etc.
- FET preamp with balanced output.
- 16bit 44.1kHZ or 48kHz.
- Includes USB cable, desk stand and spiderweb shock mount.
- Frequency range 30Hz - 18kHz.
- Polar pattern - cardioid.
- Sensitivity -38db.
- S/N 75db.
- Equivalent noise level 20db (A weighted).
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD : 130db.
- Type condenser: contains high quality electret condenser capsule.
- Microphone size 190mm high, 51mm diameter wight 376g.
- The microphone is supplied in a hard padded plastic flight case, Desk stand with integral USB lead, and shock mount making it easy to set up a home podcasting studio.
This microphone is ideal for use in an internet radio/podcast setup, and is equally good for recording vocals and music.
It is also available with a high floor - stand please check our other adverts
With recent advances in technology now anyone can set up a home podcasting studio. You will need a reasonable quality PC and a good quality microphone. You can make use license free software that is available for free by internet download to allow you can record your own vocals, make a demo mp3 file, record a podcast or even have your own radio station and podcast live.
Most current personal computers are adequate for the job of home podcasting. It is likely that the computer you already own is quite capable of this. Home recording to a pc is within your grasp.
In my opinion the best free downloadable recording software is audacity. Audacity can be downloaded for free via the internet. Just type 'audacity' into a search engine to find it. There are many articles describing how to use audacity along with help files faq's and tutorials.
In order to make a good quality odcast recording you will need a good quality microphone. Using a cheap headset or the type of microphone that is used to skype, games etc will not give top quality results. You should invest in a good quality condenser microphone. These are the type of microphones used in professional recording studios. For home studio recording using a PC the best type of home recording microphone is a condenser usb microphone. This will plug directly into your computers usb port, and without any additional drivers will appear as a new audio device. You can use a microphone with usb interface such as this powered condenser microphone which we believe offers the best value for money of any available desktop usb microphone setup for podcasting.
Once you have a microphone connected to your computer with recording software installed you have all you to make that podcast. Good luck!
This microphone is very similar and functiona1ly equivalent to the Samson C01U USB Condensor Microphone.