Pre-packed hardwood external door frame for external doors at 44mm
This item is available in three sizes. For sizes and availability please click on the drop down menu at the top of the listing. The list below shows the size of each frame and the corresponding door size that it will accept. This item is also available in several larger sizes.
Door Size External frame size
This item has the following specification:-
- Allow at least 5mm clearance(or 2.5mm either side) on height and width to fit into a brickwork aperture.
- Mortice and tenon jointed hardwood, supplied flatpacked.
- Grooved to accept draught seal in legs and head.(draught seal not supplied, but can be purchased as an extra).
- We have stormguards sills and draught seals listed in our e-bay shop, to complement these frames.
- Allows doors to be opened inward or outwards. If opening out, it would be a good idea to use a drip to deflect rain.
- Other sizes of this item are available in our ebay shop.
If you have a stone step or concrete floor all the way through, you will not need the sill that comes with this item. You can still use the timber sill if you wish but it will make access more difficult. A metal stormguard sill is a big improvement on a timber sill as it is a lot smaller and complies to the current accessibility regulations. The only disadvantage with a stormguard sill is that they are not suitable to sit on brickwork whereas the timber sill is. Please see our shop for accessories such as the stormguard sill as well as draught seal, drips and water bars.
Please give us your phone numbers when paying at the checkout. No phone number = No delivery. Click here for details. Scotland and Wales are usually subject to higher delivery charges and delays. We are sorry to anyone who incurs poorer delivery terms because of where they live. There are two different delivery services for you to choose from that are listed below. It is imperative that you click on your chosen delivery service link below before purchasing. This link will give you instructions and facts about the delivery service that will help you safe guard against any problems that may occur throughout the delivery.
- 'Other courier delivery' for delivery within 7 working days.
- 'Other 24 hour courier delivery' for next working day delivery; not suitable for transporting glass or paint.
Please check to see if you live in a delivery surcharge area by looking at the map of Brtian at the bottom of this section. If you (or someone representing you) is not prepared to follow the three instructions listed below, then please do not purchase this item.
- Wait in all day to receive the delivery of this item and,
- read the 'Other courier delivery' or 'Other 24 hour courier delivery' delivery page, depending on which you have opted for and,
- read the information on additional delivery surcharges below.
Delivery surcharge table
The table below shows the delivery surcharges for different areas in the UK which are to be added onto the stated delivery cost. The different colours on the map correspond to different surcharges as detailed in the table. If you do live in a surcharge area, commit to buy your items and request a total. Please don't pay until you have a total from us. Surcharged areas may take up to 14 working days to deliver to.
Commonly asked questions
1) How many of this item do we have? The quantity that we have of a particular item is stated near the top of the listing. The only time an ebay listing doesn't state a quantity is when there is only one of something.
2) We get asked quite regularly if someone can buy an item outside ebay. We are sorry but the answer is 'no' and the charges that ebay charge are worth it for us because all the information you need is in the listing. If we were to do it outside ebay we would have to exchange several emails to each other to get everything in writing and confirmed which ebay does automatically in the listing. Also, it is against ebay's rules.
3) Do we give discount? The price is the price. Sorry but we don't negotiate.
4) How much is delivery and how long does it take to deliver? All the delivery information and relevant links are in the listing. Please be aware that delivery dates that are set by ebay are often misleading and not correct. Please see our own delivery information above which is accurate.
Damages, missing components or faults and time limit to report
Anything that is not as it should be with this item should be reported to us within the shortest possible time. The length of time that we give a customer to report a fault to us depends on what the fault is. If the fault is obvious like damage in transit, then we expect this to be documented on the couriers consignment note, and us informed about it immediately. For missing components like beading or ironmongery, we would give you 3 days to report this. If it's a manufacturing fault that isn't obvious until fitting takes place, then this would probably deemed as a warranty issue where longer time limits are given. Whatever the fault is, the first thing we need are photos of it. From these photos we can discuss your options. If we have to collect the item from you for replacement, then we would ask for your patience please, as we need to get the item picked up and examined by us before we dispatch a replacement or give a possible refund. Unfortunately we cannot compensate for wasted labour charges and time.
Arranging and using tradesmen or other time sensitive costs
A common misfortune that people can fall foul of is arranging tradesmen around when they are expecting to receive their goods. If their goods don't turn up when they expect or they arrive damaged they may have to pay wasted labour charges. We always recommend that you wait until you receive the goods before arranging tradesmen. Sometimes errors or faults in an item cannot be detected until installation is underway which may prove prohibitive to the installer. Please make provision for this happening.
Collecting your goods direct from us
If you have purchased an item and you collect it from us, you are responsible to bring it back to us if it's found to be faulty. This is something that must be considered if you are a significant distance from us. We will not compensate you for traveling costs.
Returning your unwanted goods
If you decide that you no longer want your goods after they have been delivered to you, and you want a refund, then you will incur the return carriage costs in getting the item back to us and handling charges. The goods will have to be in resalable condition including un-damaged packaging. If you want to return your unwanted goods then you must inform us within 24 hours of receiving them.
Storage of timber products
Timber will always expand or contract depending on the moisture content of the surrounding air. If timber is stored for a lengthy period of time in a environment which has a greatly different moisture content to where it is to be installed the timber will expand or contract a lot more than it is supposed to. This problem might arise where timber products, such as doors, are kept in a garage with a flat roof. In summer the garage becomes very hot and dries the timber out. When the door is installed it will take in moisture from the air and swell which could be very detrimental to the door. Ideally, timber products should be stored for the minimum amount of time and installed as soon as possible.