The Internet For Dummies 12th Edition walks readers through getting online, getting a feel for the tools that connect you to the Internet, and getting to and around the sites everyone is talking about.
The book includes Parts on:
- Welcome to the Internet - a guide to what's online, how to deal with annoyances like spam and spyware, and how to control what kids see and do online.
- Internet, Here I Come! - a step-by-step walk through picking a provider, getting hooked up, and sharing a connection in your home or with other devices.
- Web Mania - provides a tour through popular Web browsers, including the new Google Chrome, getting good search results, finding music and video, shoppibn, banking, and sharing files.
- E-Mail, Chat, and Other Ways to Hang Out Online - covers what the title says: dealing with e-mail and connecting with friends. Also includes info on voice chat online.
- Putting Your Own Stuff on the Net - helps readers find the sites where sharing info and content works best, from hot social networking sites to photo and video sharing
- The Part of Tens - the traditional closer in For Dummies books examines troubleshooting tips and fun places to visit online.
Summary of Contents:
Part I: Welcome to the Internet.
Chapter 1: What's So Great about the Internet, Anyway?
Chapter 2: Is the Internet Safe? Viruses, Spyware, Spam, and Other Yucky Stuff.
Chapter 3: Kids and the Net.
Part II: Internet, Here I Come!
Chapter 4: Assembling Your Gear and Climbing on the Net.
Chapter 5: Connecting with Wi-Fi, Laptops, and Smartphones.
Part III: Web Mania.
Chapter 6: Welcome to the Wild, Wonderful, Wacky Web.
Chapter 7: Taking Your Browser for a Spin.
Chapter 8: Needles and Haystacks: Finding Almost Anything on the Web.
Chapter 9: Music and Video on the Web.
Chapter 10: More Shopping, Less Dropping.
Chapter 11: Banking, Bill Paying, and Investing Online.
Chapter 12: Swiping Files from the Net.
Part IV: E-Mail, Chat, and Other Ways to Hang Out Online.
Chapter 13: It's in the Mail: Sending and Receiving E-Mail.
Chapter 14: Keeping Your Mail Safe from Viruses, Spam, and Wi-Fi Snoops.
Chapter 15: Putting Your Mail in Its Place.
Chapter 16: Typing and Talking on the Net.
Chapter 17: Games and Worlds on the Web.
Part V: Putting Your Own Stuff on the Net.
Chapter 18: Making a Splash Online.
Chapter 19: Blogs and Twitter.
Chapter 20: Making Your Own Web Site.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 21: Ten Problems and Ten Solutions.
Chapter 22: Ten Fun or Worthwhile Things You Can Do Online.
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
Author: John R. Levine and Margaret Levine Young
Media Type: Paperback Book
Royal Mail 24/1st
Royal Mail aim to deliver most UK 24 Service/First Class mail by the next working day, including Saturdays, however delivery times are not guaranteed. In our own experience most of our customers do receive the next day or usually within 3 days.
Q: Are other quicker or guaranteed delivery time services available at extra cost?
A: Yes, please contact us on 01483 225632 or send us an eBay message and we will be happy to quickly provide a quotation.
Live outside the UK? - We dispatch worldwide :)
Our Standard Seller International Delivery service is 'International Priority REGISTERED airmail
Europe (non UK)
Average delivery time just 4 working days
USA /Canada (optional express service)
Optional: We currently have a special offer of reduced courier prices using FEDEX to USA and Canada. The cost of delivery is shown in the P&P section of this listing. Please see P&P prices for 'International Express Postage' for this listing. To choose this service instead of our standard delivery service, select 'International Express Postage' at the Checkout (the estimated delivery time is just 1 to 2 workings days) IMPORTANT - If you opt for this service, a contact telephone number is required for delivery. Please note that the USA Canada FedEx service cannot deliver to PO Boxes. If you would prefer to choose our standard seller delivery service of registered airmail instead, please see 'Rest of World' below .
Rest of world
(including. USA/Canada customers who choose not to opt for express FedEx delivery)
Average delivery time just 6 working days.
Q: Are other quicker or guaranteed International delivery time services available at extra cost?
A: Yes, please contact us on +44 (0)1483 225632 or send us an eBay message and we will be happy to provide a quotation.
All of the above estimated delivery times are quoted for guidance only as delivery times vary. Please note we do not dispatch at weekends or public holidays.