'A Toot and a Snore in '74' CD complete with a massive 15 bonus tracks of unreleased solo Beatle collaborations.
'A Toot and a Snore in '74' is the legendary and only known recording session in which John Lennon and Paul McCartney played together after the break-up of the Beatles. The session was first mentioned by Lennon in a 1975 interview but the recording was thought to have been lost in the mists of time. It gained wider prominence when McCartney made reference to the session in a 1997 interview. Discussing with Australian writer Sean Sennett in his Soho office, McCartney claimed the "session was hazy... for a number of reasons". The recording has since surfaced and is a unique insight into the post Beatles relationship of the greatest song writing duo in history.
Lennon was producing Harry Nilsson's latest album, ‘Pussy Cats’, when Paul and Linda McCartney dropped in on the first night of the session, at Burbank Studios on 28 March 1974. They were joined by Stevie Wonder, Harry Nilsson, Jesse Ed Davis, May Pang, Bobby Keys and producer Ed Freeman for an impromptu jam session. During the session Lennon sounds to be on cocaine—he can be heard offering Wonder a snort on the first track, and on the fifth, asks someone to give him a snort. This is also the origin of the album name, where John Lennon clearly asks: "You wanna snort, Steve? A toot? It's goin' round". The events of this night are intriguing to Beatle fans as it is the only known instance of the former songwriting team playing together between their 1970 formal breakup and Lennon's murder in 1980.
This magnificent CD also features a huge 15 BONUS TRACKS of unreleased solo Beatle collaborations. To my knowledge none of these tracks have ever had an official release so these alone are a massive rarity. The full track listing is below and features The Beatles collaborating with Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan and Donovan to name a few.
As the session featured here was unreleased it is designed to look like a unique Emidisc acetate pressing. It comes complete with a double sided insert which tells the story of the legendary drug fueled session and numerous details of the 15 bonus tracks.
All in perfect NEAR MINT condition.
A TOOT AND A SNORE IN `74
1. A TOOT AND A SNORE
2. BLUESY JAM SESSION
3. STUDIO TALK
6. STAND BY ME (version one)
7. STAND BY ME (version two)
8. STAND BY ME (version three)
9. CUPID TAKE THIS HAMMER
UNRELEASED SOLO BEATLE COLLABORATIONS
10. TOO MANY COOKS (John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Jim Keltner)
11. MAYBE BABY (John Lennon & Yoko Ono & Ringo Starr & Eric Clapton & Phil Spector)
12. WHOLE LOTTA YOKO (John Lennon & Eric Clapton & Keith Richards & Mitch Mitchell)
13. YVONNE (Paul McCartney & Eric Stewart)
14. HOMEWARD BOUND (George Harrison & Paul Simon)
15. THE WISHING BOOK (Ringo Starr & Peter drake)
16. NOT FADE AWAY (John Lennon & Elephants Memory)
17. TWENTY-FIVE FINGERS (Paul McCartney & Elvis Costello)
18. YI’D HAVE YOU ANYTIME (George Harrison & Bob Dylan)
19. YER BLUES (John Lennon & Eric Clapton & Keith Richards & Mitch Mitchell)
20. BLUES JAM (John Lennon & Eric Clapton & Keith Richards & Mitch Mitchell)
21. LOVELY LADDY DAY (George Harrison & Ronnie Spector & Leon Russel & Pete Ham)
22. HEATHER (Paul McCartney & Donovan)
23. BLACKBIRD (Paul McCartney & Donovan)
24. SHANGHAI SURPRISE (George Harrison & Vicki Brown)
UK postage is: £2.50. EU postage is: £4.50. Rest of the world postage is: £6.80. Combined postage is available.
Posted with eBay Mobile