Details about Log Cabin Static Home Mobile Home Chalet Holiday HomeLog Cabin Static Home Mobile Home Chalet Holiday Home See original listing
15 Aug, 2012 11:44:26 BST
kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
NOW WITH MULTI MEDIA SYSTEM AND iPAD 2 with EVERY COMPLETED SALE
For Sale - 0% VAT until October 2012, increase to 5%
Bespoke log cabin which conforms to current caravan and planning regulations. (We can construct up to 60ft, please ask for more details). ANY UNIT UNDER 30sqm DOES NOT REQUIRE PLANNING
Also fully compliant to BS3632. Design your own layout at no extra cost.
This unit has 1 room consisting of open living area, fully insulated with mains fire/smoke alarms.
Choice of cladding styles and colour, all windows and external doors are uPVC in choice of colours and with low E double glazed units, choice of roofing material from sheet to tiles or shingles (additional costs may apply), Interior finish to the units is plasterboard with two coats of plaster and finished in white paint as standard.
Electric package includes: TV points to all rooms.
Mechanical package includes: a choice of Gas Central Heating, Air Con or Electric heaters (multi room unit)
Plumbing package includes: shower room and standard kitchen fittings (Multi room units)
Also available: wood burners, real wood flooring, bi-folding doors, decking, heat exchangers for hot water.
For further details call Terry on 07738506777 or email email@example.com.
ALSO ASK ABOUT SAVING ADDITIONAL 20% ON PURCHASE PRICE
All our units are bespoke and built to your requirements and budget, changing a design to suit your situation is usually free of charge or if you have a design in mind please forward it to myself and I would be glad to tailor make a quote for you.
I can confirm that all our units conform to current legislation as they are not fixed to a solid foundation and can be lifted onto a vehicle to accommodate future movement of the unit. We have extensive experience in both home studios / gyms and log cabin construction.
· The Substructure; constructed from 6x2 tanalised timber at 400mm centres and is placed over 7kN/mm concrete precast blocks. Because there is no dolly (chassis), the unit is lower to the ground which aids access for disabled and it is more economical to produce which we can then pass on to our clients.
· The sub floor; 1200g damp proof membrane is laid over the substructure to stop the ingress of water from underneath the unit penetrating the main structure. On top of this 25mm of Sterling board is laid over the 1200g and fixed to the substructure. 100mm of polyurethane insulation is sandwiched between the sterling board and 18mm chip board. On top of this clients can chose the floor finish. The thickness of this is 295mm.
· On top of the sub floor, a timber kicker is fixed this has two functions, the first is to form the shape of the unit. The second is that the 1200g membrane is brought up the side of the sub floor and wrapped around the kicker. This encloses the sub frame completely.
· The wall construction; All internal walls are made from 100mm CLS, this is a timber which is extensively used by the construction industry for wall construction for its strength and fire retardant properties, fixed to this is sterling board, this makes the framing sturdy and aids thermal and sound insulation, on top of this 12.5mm plaster board is placed and two coats of plaster. The walls are finished in brilliant white matt emulsion as standard, all walls are filled with 200mm insulation. External walls are constructed identical to those built internally with these notable additions. The sterling board has a high tech water proof breathable membrane, in which a cavity is formed using 2x1 tanalised timber. A high quality clad (25mm x 150mm) is then laid externally. Softwood and weatherboard profile are fitted as standard to any colour of your choice, but different profiles and hardwood (Cedar) is available at an addition cost. The thickness of walls are 130mm for internal walls and 215mm for external walls. I have attached a sketch of this entitled "Hampton Farm 4"
· Roof Structure; Constructed from 225mm x 50mm timbers, fixed to a maximum of 10degrees. Braced with sterling board and waterproofed using a roofing membrane. 3 ply heavy duty felt is fitted as standard, but timber shingles / tiles are available at a small additional cost. Internally the ceiling has 12.5mm plaster board and two coats of plaster finished in brilliant white. The roof void has 50mm high dense foam insulation cloaked in foil, known as Cellotex. The thickness of this is 280mm - 325mm
· Electrical package; A consumer unit is provided with 6mm Armoured cable to a power source. An internal and external ring are provided to your requirements, and a separate ring supplied for the kitchen. An internal and external lighting ring are provided and each room has GU50 spot lights. We have priced to supply all your requirements within the unit, NB that we have not priced to connect to a power source as a site survey has not been established.
· Mechanical package; All internal pipework for hot / cold water are provided. All waste pipework is included. Again please NB that because a site survey hasn't been established we can not price to connect to a sewerage system.
· We haven't priced for a heating system but there are a number of options available, LPG central heating, electric storage heaters and underfloor heating either water or electric.
· A standard kitchen is provided, this includes units to suit the design and integrated oven and hob. As well as utility units if designed for. Usually in white with black appliances. Tiles either white or black to suit.
· A standard family bathroom and en suite are fitted as standard. Usually finished in white with white tiles.
NB we have allocated a fixed price for these and if at the design stage you as a client find an alternative design we will reimburse you that money and ask you to provide an alternative, we will fit these units for free.
On completion of the unit, a hand over certificate is supplied which is your guarantee and test certificate.
Prices for a contemporary design start from £7995 (3.5m x 3.5m), 36ft x 12ft (2 bed unit ) start from £38750, 40ft x 20ft (large 2 bed / 3 bed) units start from £44750 and a 60ft x 20ft (4 bed unit) from £48750. All prices are zero rated for VAT and include delivery and erection to mainland England.
In the case for Log Cabins and Mobile Homes, you may not require planning permission using a "permissible development" or you can apply for "initial planning" which is also free of charge, this is an enquiry to see if other applications have been successful with your circumstances, your local planning officer should be able to guide you but be aware his true interest is for you to apply for full planning as the two methods above are free. I would strongly advise you read up on the two items above prior to contacting the local authority. I would also suggest purchasing a book called field to farm by David Acheman which is a step by step guide to building a log cabin/mobile home with out needing planning permission.
As you may be aware all units are currently zero VAT rated, but under proposed government plans in October the VAT will be increased to 5%.
If you would like me to arrange a site visit or if I can be of any further help please contact me directly.
Return policy details