Mark Forsyth Collection,The Etymologicon, The
Horologicon, 3 Books Set KEY FEATURES
|Title||Mark Forsyth Collection,The Etymologicon, The Horologicon, 3 Books Set|
|RRP|Mark Forsyth CollectionThe Etymologicon,The Horologicon,The Elements of Eloquence 3 Books SetTITLES IN THIS SETThe Elements of Eloquence
Description by single Ttles :
The Elements of Eloquence
In an age unhealthily obsessed with substance, this is a book on the importance of pure style, from the bestselling author of The Etymologicon and The Horologicon. From classic poetry to pop lyrics and from the King James Bible to advertising slogans, Mark Forsyth explains the secrets that make a phrase - such as 'Tiger, Tiger, burning bright', or 'To be or not to be' - memorable. In his inimitably entertaining and witty style he takes apart famous lines and shows how you too can write like Shakespeare or Oscar Wilde. Whether you're aiming for literary immortality or just an unforgettable one-liner, The Elements of Eloquence proves that you don't need to have anything to say - you simply need to say it well. 'Sparkling ...the book offers many pleasures ...I laughed out loud at the examples chosen' Charles Moore, Daily Telegraph
The Etymologicon springs from Mark Forsyth's Inky Fool blog on the strange connections between words. It's an occasionally ribald, frequently witty and unerringly erudite guided tour of the secret labyrinth that lurks beneath the English language, taking in monks and monkeys, film buffs and buffaloes, and explaining precisely what the Rolling Stones have to do with gardening.
The Horologicon (or book of hours) gives you the most extraordinary words in the English language, arranged according to the hour of the day when you really need them. Do you wake up feeling rough? Then you're philogrobolized. Pretending to work? That's fudgelling, which may lead to rizzling if you feel sleepy after lunch, though by dinner time you will have become a sparkling deipnosophist. From Mark Forsyth, author of the bestselling The Etymologicon, this is a book of weird words for familiar situations. From ante-jentacular to snudge by way of quafftide and wamblecropt, at last you can say, with utter accuracy, exactly what you mean.
- Payment must be made Instantly on bidding confirmation of an item.
- We participate in eBay's non-paying bidder program
- We only accept PayPal as a form of payment.
- We DO NOT accept cash, cheque, money order, or BACs transfer.
- If you do not already have a PayPal Account, you can sign-up by going to Paypals website.
- PayPal is the safest way to pay on eBay and allows you to pay with Visa, MasterCard, Solo, and American Express.
- For all UK Orders (6 working days dispatch time & 6 working days delivery) time
- We are pleased to offer standard second class postage with delivery time of 6 working days and also dispatch time of 3 - 5 working days. With our standard service most customers can expect to receive their items within 2 weeks (10 - 12 working days).
- Upgrade to First Class Postage ( 3 Working Days Dispatch time & 3 Working Days Delivery Time - for UK Deliveries Only. Remember this can take up to 6 working days in total.
- By Upgrading to Royal Mail First Class Service, you will excel higher up in the queue for a faster dispatch time and will receive your item a lot faster than our standard second class service.
- Upgrade to our Courier 72hr Service. (2 working days Dispatch Time & 3 working Days Delivery Time.This means dispatch and delivery total time of 5 working days)
- By Upgrading to our Express Courier Service most customers can expect to receive their books within a week and will also be allocated a courier tracking number on request.
- Please note that we buy our books direct from publishers and are all brand new. From time to time books will be reprinted or revised. On rare occasions customers may receive an updated revised book which may have a revised cover or the description that may be slightly different to that we have advertised. If you require a particular exact edition please email us for confirmation. By purchasing a book from plodit limited you agree that you are happy to receive a revised edition book. (full refund will still be available if unsatisfied).
- Please note additional items such as cd/ dvd / or any other item is ONLY included, if clearly stated in the listing description.
Dispatch Times & Deliveries:
- Our warehouse will dispatch the items in approx 1 to 6 working days. However most books are dispatched within 24hrs. It will then take a further 1 to 6 working days to deliver the book to a UK address, International orders may take longer. You must accept these terms and not give us bad feedback for dispatch time as we have made this clear in advance.
- Please note all items will be despatched to PayPal Registered Delivery Address only, unless pre agreed otherwise. Any change of address must be pre-agreed by us before you place your order.
- We stock many of our items at Amazon warehouse (Amazon fulfillment Service). This means you will receive our books in the same high quality Amazon packaging with faster dispatch time.
- Please note we sell our books on many different Platforms. This means some books will become out of stock because someone has bought the same book before you on a different platform. In such rare circumstances we shall refund you or use other suppliers to ship your order direct. This saves us & the customer time as you will receive your order sooner. If you are not happy for us to take such action then Please do not bid for this item.
- As all our items are processed and despatched from various locations, we DO NOT, offer discount on Multiple/Combine purchases.
- Please note that there is NO additional discount for multiple purchases. We may dispatch items together or separately.