2K Sports Announces Unprecedented Partnership with JAY Z for NBA 2K13.
Artist and entrepreneur to curate soundtrack and lend artistic vision to world’s top NBA video game simulation franchise as Executive Producer
New York, NY – August 1, 2012 – 2K Sports today announced an unprecedented partnership with entertainment mogul Shawn “JAY Z” Carter to serve as Executive Producer of NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*.
“This has been a unique opportunity to collaborate with 2K Sports and be a part of one of the best sports video games in history,” commented JAY Z. “NBA 2K13 will be the next evolution in sports and basketball culture, and I’m ready to usher in the new era of the franchise.”
JAY Z’s interests and influences extend well beyond his illustrious music career as a 14-time Grammy award winner, as evidenced by his part-ownership of the 40/40 sports clubs and of the NBA’s Brooklyn Nets, having recently helped craft that team’s iconic black-and-white logo and visual identity. As Executive Producer of NBA 2K13, JAY Z’s artistic vision and style will permeate the experience, from the overall look and feel of the game, to the hand-picked soundtrack, interactive in-game menus and more.
“We aren’t content with just being the best, and we will continue to grow the NBA 2K franchise into one of today’s premier entertainment experiences,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “JAY Z’s role in NBA 2K13 represents a unique fusion of basketball, music, art, and entertainment, and illustrates the evolution of NBA 2K into something much bigger than simply the best basketball video game series ever made.”
The audio and visual aesthetics of NBA 2K13 will reflect a balance of basketball and musical influences, with JAY Z himself hand-picking the game’s soundtrack. The 24-song collection features some of his top hits, along with an eclectic mix of music’s biggest acts.
- The Hours - Ali in the Jungle
- Too Short - Blow the Whistle (Main)
- Eric B. and Rakim - I Ain't No Joke
- Phoenix - 1901
- JAY Z - Pump it Up (Freestyle)
- Puff Daddy and the Family - Victory (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
- Daft Punk - Around The World (Radio Edit)
- Santigold - Shove It (feat. Spank Rock)
- Kanye West - Amazing
- JAY Z - Run This Town
- The Dirty Projectors - Stillness is the Move
- Nas - The World is Yours
- Coldplay - Viva La Vida
- Roy Ayers - We Live in Brooklyn, Baby
- Justice - Stress
- JAY Z - The Bounce
- Kanye West - We Major (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
- Mobb Deep - Shook Ones, Pt. II
- Meek Mill - Ima Boss - Instrumental
- Kanye West - Mercy (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
- U2 - Elevation
- JAY Z - On To The Next One
- JAY Z - Public Service Announcement
- JAY Z - H.A.M. (Instrumental)
NBA 2K13 is the latest instalment in the best-selling and highly rated NBA videogame series. NBA 2K13 is the best way to plug into NBA culture. It’s the most fun, authentic NBA videogame experience and is for any sports fan with that competitive fire who wants to play the best NBA simulation on the market.
NBA 2K13 All-Star Bonus Content:
- Four Additional Game Modes: Bundled together for the first time ever, players can participate in an all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Three-Point Contest, the Rising Stars Challenge game and the NBA All-Star Game.
- Sprite Slam Dunk Contest: New, immersive, pick-up-and-play mechanics give gamers more control than ever before. Take to the air and unleash a series of button combinations to complete devastating slam dunks.
- Past vs. Present: Who is the better dunker - Michael Jordan or Blake Griffin? Who is the more cold-blooded shooter from outside - Derrick Rose or Kevin Durant? These questions will be answered in the NBA 2K13 All-Star downloadable content. Match the stars of today against the game's greatest legends in both the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest and Three-Point Contest modes.
- Rising Stars Challenge: Compete with the future stars of the NBA in this mode featuring NBA rookies and sophomores.
- All-Star Game: It's East vs. West in this midseason battle for conference bragging rights.
- Dynamic Updates: Rosters for the Rising Stars Challenge and All-Star Game will dynamically update to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.