Replace Your Old DSL Modem
This modem and router replaces existing equipment provided by DSL service providers. The built-in ADSL2+ modem is compatible with ADSL and ADSL2+ Internet service providers. With the NETGEAR DGN1000, you have the freedom to switch DSL providers without having to change equipment, and you don't have to waste money by paying a monthly leasing fee.
Improved Speed and Range Over Older Wireless-G Routers
The DGN1000 Wireless-N Router with DSL Modem offers outstanding performance, with better speed and range than older Wireless-G routers, thanks to its use of advanced Wireless-N technologies and powerful internal antennas. You'll have enough speed for multiplayer gaming, Internet phone calls, and more. And the farthest reaches of your home that used to have no coverage, such as the basement and attic, may now be covered.
Four Wired Ethernet Ports
For computers that need the security and consistency of a wired connection or don't have wireless capability, the router also features four Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology.
- Provides better wireless coverage than Wireless-G routers
- Extra performance boost when connected to Wireless-N devices
- Push ‘N’ Connect securely connects devices at the push of a button
- Built-in ADSL2+ modem for use with DSL broadband (through the telephone line)
Push 'N' Connect Security
Once your network is set up, the router's Push 'N' Connect feature takes over. To connect a new device to your network, you simply push a button on the router, and your device is automatically and securely configured and connected to your wireless network. This means that the days of having to remember complicated security keys and passwords are over. (This feature is for use with other Push 'N' Connect or WPS enabled devices.)
The router also provides firewall protection, denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention, and intrusion detection and prevention (IDS) so you can feel safe about your privacy and personal information.
NETGEAR Green -- Energy Efficient Design
The DGN1000 Wireless-N Router is a NETGEAR Green product so you know you're getting an eco-friendly device. A convenient power and WiFi on/off switch lets you easily conserve energy, while the packaging is manufactured with at least 80-percent recycled materials.
- Firewall protection
- Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention
- Intrusion detection and prevention (IDS)
- Wi-Fi Protected AccessTM (WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK) and WEP
- Push 'N' Connect using Wi-Fi Protected SetupTM (WPS)1 and Smart Wizard®
- IEEE 802.11n draft version, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b, 2.4 GHz
- WAN (ADSL): ITU 992.1 (G.dmt) Annex A, ITU 992.2 (G.lite), ITU 992.3 ADSL2 (G.dmt.bis), ITU 992.5 ADSL2+
- Dimensions: 177.5 x 130 x 31 (7 x 5.1 x 1.22)
- Weight: .265 kg (.584 lb)
- DGN1000 Router
- AC Adaptor
- Ethernet cable
- ADSL Filter