British owned business selling British made products
Staffed by professionals with a passion for the outdoors
100% Customer Satisfaction Rating (with top DSR on eBay)
Fast, secure shopping & with a 14-day returns policy
As hikers and mountaineers, we have often searched for the right kind of product to suit our needs but have not always been able to readily find it at the right price. So, in response, we set up Mountain Trails - a business aimed at facilitating the development and sale of specialist products for use in the outdoors.
Our Mountain Trails branded products consist of a range of graphical 'mountain aid' cards aimed at helping users develop additional planning and navigational skills. Our Food on the Move branded products consist of premium quality, robustly packaged, high calorie and very tasty meal items aimed at anyone who needs to produce a nutritious meal quickly in the outdoors.
t: 01995 672879
|Food on the Move - Pouched Dessert Bargain Pack
|With FREE Postage (Mainland UK & BFPO only)
Assorted Pack of Six 125g Desserts
Six Food on the Move single-serving Desserts of 100g of Original Flavour Rice Pudding, Rice Pudding with Sultanas, Rice Pudding with Strawberries, Hot Lemon Pudding, Hot Chocolate Pudding and Hot Apple & Custard Dessert, vacuum-sealed in robust triple-layer resealable pouch within labelled packaging. Calorific value between 411 and 435 kcal.
Delicious, filling and satisfying, with Food on the Move's Pouched Main Meal Bargain Pack you can have a hot meal in your hands in just minutes whatever your location as long as you can boil water. Chock full with flavour and goodness, each of the six Food on the Move main meals in the pack consists of high-quality, nutritionally balanced ingredients that will help you recharge after a long day, whatever your activity.
Meal - Dessert
Type - Pudding Rice, Sponge/Custard & Custard based
Flavour - One of each of the following:
• Original Flavour Rice Pudding
• Rice Pudding with Sultanas
• Rice Pudding with Strawberries
• Hot Lemon Pudding
• Hot Chocolate Pudding
• Hot Apple & Custard Dessert
Serving Size - 1 Person
Packaging - 3-ply heavy duty laminate vacuum sealed pouch in labelled polypropylene outer
Gross Weight - 110g
Net Weight - 100g
Calorific Value - 411 to 435kcal
Shelf Life - 2½ to 3 years
Vegetarian - 50/50 (3 Yes & 3 No)
Whatever your sport or recreation, if it requires you staying, and eating, outdoors or on the water then the Food on the Move range is for you. Each of our meals is quickly prepared by just tearing open the pouch, adding boiling water, and mixing the ingredients and resealing for a few minutes to allow the contents to rehydrate and warm through before re-opening the pouch to enjoy a hot, tasty and nutritious meal.
With a selection of 8 breakfasts, 10 mains and 6 sweets, Food on the Move offers one of the largest ranges of low weight, vacuum packed, dehydrated meals you can buy.
Having both regular and vegetarian options, Food on the Move has breakfasts based on porridge oats, granola and egg, mains based on pasta, rice, potato and cous-cous, and sweets based on pudding rice, sponge and custard - all available at a price to suit your pocket.
Our Food on the Move meal pouches make use of only freeze-dried and carefully dehydrated ingredients, resulting in a meal that retains all the flavour and nutritional value of the original hydrated meal yet weighs as little as a quarter of the equivalent boil-in-the-bag meal; an important factor if you have to carry several days supplies.
Make Your Choice - Facts about Food on the Move Dehydrated Meals
- ●Lightweight- 110 to 135g vs. 325 to 500g for equivalent 'wet' meal
- ●Less likely to burst - vacuum packed and sealed in a robust, long-life bag. Can be thrown into pack and safely taken to altitude without bursting
- ●Quick to cook - just boil the required amount of water, add to pouch, reseal and wait to rehydrate. You can have a quick brew whilst you're waiting - unlike the guy who is still cooking his 'wet' meal
- ●Uses no more water than a 'wet' meal during cooking - you still need to put at least 300-500ml of water in your pan to cook a 'wet' meal, which is more than enough for a dehydrated meal
- ●Uses a lot less fuel - you don't have to keep your water boiling so only use about a third the fuel of a 'wet' meal
- ●Uses less space in your pack - Packages are typically ½ to ¾ the size of a 'wet' pack
- ●Easier to store - less weight and smaller physical pack size means if you need to store our meals in bulk they'll take up a lot less space than the equivalent 'wet' meal