Please note the date printed on the tube is the manufacturing date NOT the sell or use by date
EVERFLEX AQUA MATE is a high modulus, reactive curing silicone sealant specifically formulated for aquarium manufacture.
It remains permanently flexible, forming a watertight seal.
· Free from fungicide and solvent - will not harm fish.
· Fast cure - gives quick early strengths.
· Extremely low dirt pick up.
· Waterproof seal - will withstand continuous water immersion.
Areas For Use
· All sealing applications in aquaria.
· Sealing of pond liners and all supply/drainage piping.
· On highly porous surfaces such as new concrete, priming is advised.
· Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvent or plasticisers.
· As pond liner materials vary in quality, always test a small area first for adhesion.
· Always wash out ponds and aquaria after use to remove residual acetic acid. Test pH before use.
· Allow sealant to fully cure before moving/filling with water.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints,
should be removed before application. All glass must be cleaned prior to use.
The surfaces to be must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Priming is generally not required.
Glass must be toughened or laminated. Do not use tempered glass (shattering risk).
The following guide is useful in choosing the required glass thickness.
AQUARIUM LENGTH (M)
WATER HEIGHT (M)
REQ GL. THICKNESS (MM)
NOTE: Edges of glass must be filed to avoid risk of injury in handling.
It is also important to note that the aquarium must be placed on a level surface so that hydrostatic pressure is evenly spread.
The joint must consist of two parts:
1. Sealing joint: the depth of which must be identical to the width of glass used.
2. Structural seal: a triangular shaped joint applied to the interior edges of the glass. The required dimensions of this joint can be calculated from the following equation:
E = ____6 x H2 x L _
100 x T x 2 (H + L)
where E is required thickness of structural seal in mm
H = height of aquarium, in cm
L = Length of aquarium in cm
T = Tensile strength of sealant (kg/cm2) which for AQUA MATE is 10.
All glass etc should be thoroughly cleaned and degreased and apply the following method:
NOTE: THE METHOD DETAILED ABOVE IS SUITABLE FOR AQUARIA UP TO 400 LTRS (85 GALLON) IN CAPACITY.
THE INFORMATION GIVEN IN THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR GUIDANCE ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A GUARANTEE ON OUR PART.
ALWAYS MAKE UP AND TEST ASSEMBLIES FOR EACH SPECIFIC CASE
+ or -25%
5 mins @ 20°C
3mm per 24 hours
Hardness Shore A
Service Temperature Resistance
-40°C to + 180°C
+5°C to + 30°C
1.0 Mpa (10kg/m 2)
Uncured sealant white spirit, Cured sealant: EVERFLEX SILICONE EATER
10 linear metres @ 9 x 9mm fillet joint
Elongation At Break
We have silicone application skeleton guns in our ebay shop
The Cartridge Mate makes easy work of that perfect cut to the nozzle which is important to a quality line of silicone being applied
The Strip out Tool makes easy work of ripping out old silicone
The Smooth-Out tool is a unique tool that is ideal for smoothing out all sealant after application,
creates a perfect seal every time. Even better you will have no edge marks and no mess! This tool is really remarkable, once someone has used it they will never seal again without it
All above items and more are available in our ebay shop
Item can be viewed and collected from our factory in Cheltenham
To Pay with credit card please ring 01242 254222
Open Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm
Friday 7.30am - 1.30pm
Any further information please ring 01242 254222