The Displaced Victorian.......Longing for a time when: Ladies were ladies and gentlemen were gentlemen,
when both exuded an air of proper respectability,
a time more civil and polite, a time more proper and social.......
"Please wait until you receive an invoice from me so that you are not over or under charged for shipping."
Place a bid only if you're serious about buying the item. If you are the successful and winning bidder, you have entered into a legally binding contract to purchase the property bid on from the seller.
Hello, friend! I kindly welcome you to "A Displaced Victorian Antiques and Collectables". For your consideration is a RARE BACCARAT FRANCE 1958 ZODIAC CHURCH MILLEFIORI PAPERWEIGHT. PHOTOS REPRESENT A VISUAL DESCRIPTION SO PLEASE EXAMINE THEM CAREFULLY.
In 1951, a large close-pack paperweight dated 1853 was found in the cornerstone of the parish church in Baccarat during restorations at the church. The church had been damaged during World War II. This rekindled an interest in making millefiori paperweights at Baccarat and the modern production of close-pack weight began in 1958.
In 1958, a series of close millefiori weights was issued with the figure "8" on one of the canes. Towards the end of that year, silhouettes of the signs of the Zodiac were incorporated into these millefiori weights, which became known as Church weights.
This stunning "Eglise" millefiori weight has tightly packed canes of very many designs and colors including canes with Zodiac motifs and an "8" cane. The overall effect is of soft colors relatively pastel as compared with those in similar antique weights. It is low-domed and measures 3 1/4" in diameter x 2' high with a polished base. It bears the Baccarat etched mark to the base. The multi-colored canes around the perimeter are drawn into the flat, polished base and meet under the acid-etched Baccarat insignia. The weight is in excellent condition without any chips, cracks, dings or scratches. Don't be shy about making an offer! You might just get a great deal.
Rest assured these items will be packaged with my usual extreme care for shipping. Items sold for over $250.00 will require signature confirmation. All items will be shipped with delivery confirmation.
I love giving positive feedback and will do so when payment is made. Please do the same for me and, if you feel there is any problem, please allow me the opportunity to correct it. By bidding/buying my item it is an acknowledgment that you have read and understood and that we are in complete agreement concerning my "Terms of Service", outlined below. I feel they are very reasonable, but only bid if you think so as well. Thank you very much for stopping by! I hope you will linger a bit and visit my "About Me" page (click on the "Me" icon near my feedback percentage). It's a pleasure to have you!
Feedback is a huge issue for sellers. The new rules of eBay make the detailed feedback (the stars) as important as whether the feedback is positive or not. By giving a seller 1 or 2 stars you may cause him/her additional expenses on ebay fees of hundreds of dollars a month for a long period of time. Please contact me before leaving a less than perfect feedback to resolve any problem.
IF I MAKE A MISTAKE IN THE LISTING I WILL ACCEPT THE ITEM BACK AND REFUND THE BUYER'S MONEY. I AM HUMAN AND DO OCCASIONALLY MAKE MISTAKES :). THE ITEM MUST BE RETURNED IN THE EXACT SAME CONDITION AS WHICH IT WAS SHIPPED AND WITH MY WARRANTY PROTECTION LASER STICKER.
Please see my "ABOUT ME" PAGE at http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=a-displaced-victorian
for my PLEDGE OF FIVE STAR SERVICE TO YOU!
My feelings concerning eBay Feedback are this:
"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. " (Proverbs 22:1)
My good name as a professional seller is more important to me than huge profits. Therefore, you can rely on me for a fair and honest transaction.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ SO THERE WILL BE NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS ~ I REALIZE IT'S LENGTHY BUT MAY ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. THANKS!
- INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Please scroll down to read restrictions on International shipping.
- If the eBay shipping calculator gives you an unusually high figure, it is often way off. Contact me with your zipcode for exact shipping.
- PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE NOT SURE YOU WANT THE ITEM OR IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS NEEDED IN ORDER TO BID.
- There is a ruler in the photographs to indicate size.
- I take the extra time to always include an abundance of clear photographs (of the ACTUAL item) from every conceivable angle (often in various lighting situations - but I still get reflections!) in my listings. Although I try to post a thorough and accurate description, it is difficult at times to convey all the information you need. So....since a picture is worth a thousand words, please use the photographs provided as though you were holding and examining the item in your hands. Please consider the photographs as part of the description.
- It is my sincere desire to exceed your expectations and offer you a pleasurable and safe buying experience. I make a genuine attempt to give you a detailed and accurate description, precise photographs, good communication, reasonable shipping charges, secure packaging and fast shipping. Please make me aware if I fall short in any of these categories. I welcome your constructive suggestions as to how I may improve my product.
- I will gladly and promptly answer any email questions. You may also call my cell phone at 443-790-2438. Leave a message if necessary and I will call you back. Please ask BEFORE you buy or bid, not after.
- I am very happy to save you on shipping by combining multiple purchases. I do not discount shipping for multiple purchases, but will make every attempt to ship in the same box (if it can be done safely) to lessen shipping fees.
- During the sale, I may add to my description as I answer buyer's questions. So please scroll all the way to the bottom to read any such additions as they may contain important information.
- This does not apply to 99.9% of my buyers, but unfortunately, I have in the past been a victim of dishonest buyers who purchased my perfect item with the intent to switch it with a damaged one they already own. They have attempted to demand a refund for the “broken” item I sold them. Due to this, all Items are marked with an invisible security marker to ensure items are not switched after they have been shipped.
See my other listings for more great items!