You are Buying
A New 'Bugera V5' All Valve, 5 Watt Guitar Amplifier Combo with RAT Valve Rectifier, Power Scaling, Digital Reverb and Celestion 'Eight-15' Speaker.
This Amp has Been -
Bugera V5 Standard Features - The Build Quality of this Amp is Superb. High Quality Components and decent PCBs. All Steel Chassis with Top-Class Transformers. The Cabinet has a Great 'Retro' look, Solid Construction and a nice Vintage Style Carry Handle. The Front Control Panel features Input, Gain, Tone, Volume and Reverb Controls plus A Nice 'Jewel' Pilot Light and 'Toggle' Power Switch. The Rear Panel has a Multi Impedance Speaker Output, Power Switch (Speaker Attenuator) and Headphone Socket. The Amp is about the same size as the Old Epiphone Valve Junior but is a WAY Better Amp all around.
The Amp Audio Path is ALL Valve, Class 'A', Single Ended, Cathode Bias (Auto-Bias) using a '12AX7' Preamp and 'EL84' Power Valve. The 'Digital Reverb' is Mixed in from a Parallel Circuit. At NO Time is the Main Analogue Valve 'Audio' Signal converted to 'Digital'.
There are a Few Issues with the Stock Amp - When the Amp is switched On, there is a Pronounced 'Mains HUM' from the Speaker - the Power Attenuator is a total waste of time, it SUCKS all of the Tone out of the Amp and the Headphone Output is Useless. The 'Voice' of the Amp is better suited to a 'Strat' or 'Tele' Type Guitar, in Standard form, it is not 'Les Paul' Friendly.
I have Corrected all of these Issues and added some Nice Extras. The Amp now sounds Fantastic with 'ANY' Type of Guitar, The Reverb sounds Good, Plenty of 'Clean' Available (at lower Volumes) and LOADS of Great 'Crunch'.
- Modifications -
1. - The Stock Speaker Attenuator has been Replaced with RAT 'FIXED-OPR' ('Output Power Reduction') -
The Stock 'Power Attenuator' Switch remains the same but the Internal Circuit has been replaced. It is very unlikely that you will ever need more than '1 Watt' of Output Power for Home/Practice use - 'OPR' lets you get a true 'Cranked Amp Sound' at Lower Volume Levels - Fat Harmonics - Sustain a Mile Long - the Full Works, but at a MUCH Lower Volume Level. A '3 Position' Switch allows you to Select the Output Power of the Amp - '5 Watts' - '2 Watts' or '1 Watt'. As you 'Switch Down the Power' - The Volume Drops but the Tone is Maintained. The 'OPR' System is Electronic - NOT a Passive Speaker Attenuator.
2. - Auto-Bias - You will never need to Re-Bias any of the Valves in this Amp even if you change them.
3. - The Stock 'RED' Speaker has been replaced with a Celestion 'Eight-15. The Celestion Sounds WAY better.
4. - Tri-Rectifier - 3 Position Switch located on the Rear Panel - The Stock Amp uses a Silicon Rectifier which results in immediate Note Attack. With the Tri-Rectifier, using the Valve (V1-or-V2) setting, the Amp is a LOT more 'Vintage' Sounding with some Great 'SAG'. The Valve Rectifier is a NOS EI 'EZ80'.
5. - The Stock Amp does not have a Standby Switch - I have replaced the Factory Mains Power Switch with a Carling 3 position 'Off/Standby/On' Switch.