TRADEVANACCESSORIES.CO.UK RETURNS INFORMATION
At Tradevanaccessories.co.uk we hope that you will be entirely satisfied with every purchase you make with us online. However, we know that sometimes things just aren't right and simply need to go back.
All goods returned for whatever reason should be accompanied with a completed Returns Form
DISTANCE SELLING REGULATIONS
By law, under the Distance Selling Regulations designed to protect customers buying goods online you have the right to cancel your order at any time up to 7 days from the day after delivery for a full refund including any contractually necessary delivery costs paid. In order to cancel under Distance Selling Regulations you are obliged to write to us within 7 days either by letter or email stating your intention to do so - a telephone call will not suffice for these purposes. Unless expressly notified otherwise, DMRT Automotive LTD trading as Trade Van Accessories will expect the return of any delivered goods in the event of an order cancellation. Unless faulty, you are responsible for the return postage cost.
I NEED TO RETURN AN UNWANTED ITEM
We are happy to take back unused items in 'as new' condition for a refund, credit or exchange:
- Goods must be returned within 14 Days of purchase
- Goods must be in original packaging and packaged to prevent damage in transit. Brackets and fitting must be packed so as not to scratch or dent the product in Transit
- Goods must not be used, retail packaging must be complete and you must return all component parts
- Return postage is non-refundable
- Full monetary refund will only be issued for items returned within 14 days from the day after delivery
- Tradevanaccessories.co.uk credit voucher refund will be issued for all items returned beyond the 14 day point
- PLEASE SEND ANY RETURN ITEM(S) TO THIS ADDRESS
TRADE VAN ACCESSORIES
Unit 2 Fulwood View
NOTE: We strongly recommend using a signed for and insured postal service to protect you from items lost or damaged in transit. Proof of postage will not be considered proof of delivery
HOW LONG WILL MY RETURN TAKE?
- In general we aim to process all returned items within 7 days of receipt
- Most Products returned under the Distance Selling Regulations will be processed within 7 days if they remain factory packed. If opened they will require a full inspection and this may take up to 30 days.
DO I HAVE TO PAY POSTAGE COSTS?
- In general, you will be responsible for paying return postage costs
- In the instance of faulty or wrongly delivered goods we will refund return postage costs for Royal Mail Standard Parcels services up to a maximum of £5.00 or equal to the delivery cost
- You will need to provide proof of postage paid
- Larger items such as Side Bars and Side Steps may require a collection of the item which will be chargeable unless faulty - please Contact Us to confirm details
SUITABLE CONDITION OF RETURNED GOODS
You have a duty of care as a consumer to take reasonable care of any item in your possession if you intend to return the item.
- Any consumer damage to an item or its components through either act or negligence on behalf of the consumer or Fitting to a vehicle will constitute a breach of duty of care and will render the item/order ineligible for a refund
- Faulty parts must be returned using our collection service. Items returned without notice will not be eligible for a refund of postage costs
I HAVE RECEIVED AN INCORRECT ITEM
If we've sent you the wrong item to that listed on your invoice we will happily exchange it and refund your postage costs for returning the item
MY PURCHASE WAS DAMAGED/BROKEN WHEN RECEIVED
If your item arrives obviously damaged please either refuse the item or sign for it as damaged. Signing for your delivered goods transfers ownership; therefore please inspect the goods before accepting them in good condition. Under no circumstances fit damaged or faulty goods to your vehicle. You must contact us within 7 days of receiving faulty or damaged goods.
I WISH TO RETURN AN ITEM UNDER WARRANTY
All goods purchased from Trade Van Accessories are covered by our warranty and, generally speaking, warranties cover manufacturing faults and defects including poor workmanship.
Please Contact Us before returning any goods - we may be able to solve your problem quicker than you think. If you email us, please include your order reference to ensure the speediest reply or call us for an immediate response: 01157 365 100.
Goods must be returned clean, dry and suitable for inspection. Dirty or fitted parts will be rejected out of hand and the consumer will be charged the direct cost of collection and re-delivery.
Please be honest when dealing with us, it is always easier to resolve an issue through open and truthful communication about the problem.
In all instances we will carry out a warranty inspection and contact you with the outcome.
- Warranty claims are assessed in house by our experienced returns team
- For warrantable claims on our products for orders which are older than 30 days we will always attempt a repair by a warranty-approved external repair company
- In certain situations we may be able to offer a replacement item
- Some of our manufacturers require us to return faulty items back to them for an examination
- If this is the case we will inform you of approximate turnaround times - usually less than 30 days
- We will liaise with the supplier and work hard to keep your claim moving swiftly towards its conclusion
WHAT TO DO IF MY WARRANTY CLAIM IS REJECTED
- If you require a second opinion about a rejected warranty we will be happy to return the item directly to the supplier
- Any non-warranty repair costs are payable by you
- Postage for all rejected warranty claims will be payable by you and will include all transport costs for your item during the claim
- Failure to arrange return delivery of, claim in person or arrange collection of rejected warranty goods within 90 days of our decision may result in the goods being destroyed or sold. Your right to claim for the proceeds of any such sale ends 30 days after this original 90 day period
I HAVE A PART MISSING FROM MY ITEM
If you are missing an integral part of an item please Contact Us straight away. When using email please include your order reference or call us on 01157 365 100 for an immediate response.
TRADE VAN ACCESSORIES WARRANTY POLICY
This policy does not affect your statutory consumer rights
- Trade Van Accessories does not warrant against failure or damage due to misuse such as, but not limited to incorrect installation, poor maintenance, abuse or neglect, using the product for something other than its intended purpose, alteration of the product unless expressly permitted in writing by DMRT Automotive Ltd T/A Trade Van Accessories
- Trade Van Accessories does not cover general wear and tear
- Corrosion and/or deterioration caused by material fatigue defined as the natural breakdown of materials that occurs after extended use will not be covered under warranty
- Warranty is non transferrable and applies to the original purchaser only
- Proof of purchase is required with all claims
- Any item that is repaired or replaced under warranty will be covered by a period equal to the remaining warranty period of the original part
- Usage during competitions, events, shows or activities (including commercial) other than those for which the part or other items has been conceived will greatly reduce its useful life and is not covered under warranty
- Costs incurred as a result of loss of use, as well as labour charges for part replacement or repairs are not covered
Always use your product in strict compliance with the product's instructions; failure to do so might damage the products, invalidate any given or implied warranty and may cause damage or an accident
IN-STORE RETURN POLICY
This Returns Policy is for online orders only