Stunning Radford Woodside Renaissance MA50 Monoblock Valve Tube Power Amplifiers in excellent condition and full working order
Overall, the sound produced has excellent resolution and pace with superb bass response, and fine soundstage focus.
Delivers music with superb valve tone - breath-taking bass weight and slam, depth, clarity and separation with substantial reserves of power (power output is in excess of 50 wpc) - guaranteed to make your speakers really sing.
The amplifiers are equipped with toroidal power transformers with a current capacity five times the quiescent requirement, and three separate filament windings: one for each pair of output tubes, and a third for the driver stages. The power supply uses 750µF (at 450V) of capacitance.
The MA50 is autobiasing so there's no need to use meters or LED's when the tubes are replaced.
The Woodside employs a multi-section audio output transformer. This proprietary design of Widgery's features only one pair of secondary taps rather than the commonly found taps for 4, 8, and 16 ohm loudspeakers. Speaker designs from 20—30 years ago typically ranged from 3 to 20 ohms. Within the past decade, however, the impedance modulus of loudspeakers has narrowed to 4–8 ohms, and is often a nominal 5 ohms. The modern tube amplifier can have its entire secondary wound to drive a single narrow impedance range. The manufacturer claims that the combination of solid-state rectification and very low internal impedance (high damping factor) allows the MA50's to exert better control over woofers or bass ribbons.
The MA50 Renaissance exudes the gilded look, with its gold side-plating and Radford's traditional rod handles at each end of the chassis. These clever handles allow one to lift the amplifier with ease, and can also serve as a frame to rest the amplifier on if a technician has to service the under-chassis while the tube cage is removed. Between the handles, a black perforated metal screen serves as a cover for the tubes.
Comes with all original packaging. Please note, the outer boxes are tatty but all the internal packaging is in great shape. Will all be packed inside a strong second outer carton in order to ensure safe shipping.
Currently set for 220/240V operation - can be adjusted to 110V operation by changing the tappings on the transformer.
Specifications (per amplifier):
- Rated output power: 50W minimum continuous sinewave power into 8 ohms at 1kHz (17dBW), with no more than 0.2% THD; 75W minimum continuous sinewave power into 4 ohms at 1kHz (15.75dBW), with no more than 0.2% THD.
- Dynamic headroom: 1.6dB.
- Peak output current: 15A.
- Frequency range: 8Hz–56kHz.
- Input impedance: 100k ohms.
- Sensitivity: 750mV (equivalent to a voltage gain of 28.5dB).
- Slew rate: 15V/µs. Power consumption: not given.
- Dimensions: 9" (220mm) H x 16.8" (420mm) W x 10.8" (270mm) D.
- Shipping weight: 36 lbs (16.5kg)
Please view our other listings to see more items of Hi-Fi
Will be VERY well packed and promptly sent via insured, trackable courier delivery - or collect and save on the delivery charge.
Payment and shipping information:
Can be collected (if collecting please pay on collection) or will ship (very well packed and fully insured) worldwide - please see below for examples of shipping costs to various countries - if you can't see your destination please email for a quote before bidding. Please note the shipping prices shown below are the ones that will apply and not necessarily the ones shown in the ebay shipping table which has insufficient options to show the cost of shipping to various destinations within Europe. Please wait to be invoiced with the correct shipping amount before making payment.
Duty and taxes may be raised on shipments sent outside the EU. It is the buyers responsibility to pay any such charges.
Methods of payment are Cheque, Bank Transfer, or payment on collection. For overseas bidders, payment can be made by bank transfer (preferred) or paypal.
- England, Wales & Scottish Lowlands - £19.95
- UK Highlands & Islands - £24.95
- Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Holland- £39.95
- Italy, Spain - £49.95
- Austria, Denmark, Portugal, Sweden - £59.95
- Poland, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Finland, Estonia - £65.95
- USA & Canada - £89.95
- Switzerland: £69.95
- Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, S. Korea, Thailand, Taiwan - £149.95
- Russia - (via Royal Mail Parcelforce) - please email for a shipping quote
- Cyprus £99.95
- Ukraine, Belarus - £79.95
- New Zealand, Vietnam - £179.95
- Brazil - £219.95
- China - (via Royal Mail Parcelforce) - please email for a shipping price.
On 22-Feb-12 at 15:50:25 GMT, seller added the following information:
JUST TO CONFIRM, THIS PAIR ARE FITTED WITH THE EI CORE MULTI-VOLTAGE TRANSFORMERS AND NOT THE TOROIDAL TRANSFORMERS IN THE POWER SUPPLY (TWO VERSIONS WERE PRODUCED BY THE MANUFACTURER)