The Free Pod Point Home
Free 16A Electric and hybrid car charger - well, we charge £1.00 as its the lowest price we can charge on ebay. The charging unit and cost of installation is provided free of charge, based on a government grant which we can offer to all UK homeowners and people in rented accomodation who have the homeowners permisson. This 3.7kw basic home charger allows you to charge your electric or hybrid vehicle safely overnight, it takes 6 - 8 hours to charge a completely empty electric vehicle, although it is rare for the vehicle to be completely empty. While you sleep, the car charges, and is ready for you the next day.
This unit is compatible with all the following electric and hybrid cars: Nissan Leaf; Mitsubishi iMiEV; Citroen C-Zero; Peugeot Ion; Ford Connect EV; Vauxhall/Opal Amera, Toyota Prius PHEV; Renault Kangoo; Renault Fluence.
The Pod Point Home allows you to remotely control access to the charging point, and the time it is available for charging. It has energy management software allowing the energy usage to be monitored.
When you order a Pod Point Home charging unit, your contact details will be sent to a local approved installer. They will then contact you to arrange an installation. The Pod Point Home will be sent to the installer within 2 days of your order, and the installer will agree with you a suitable time and date for installation. The free installation allows for a basic install, which means that your unit needs to be maximum 15 metres away from your electric distribution board, and the cable will be fixed flush to the wall. If you want to have your cables dug into a trench or the unit sited further away, you can still have the unit installed, but you will need to pay the installer for the extra work (roughly £7 per additional metre of cable and labour).
No Cost and No Catch
The key thing is that you don't need to own an electric or hybrid car to benefit from this offer. You can take advantage of the government grant now and get the free unit and installation, then if you want to buy an electric vehicle you are prepared.
The government are funding these home charging units for a reason. They need to be able to collect data about where the units are, and therefore where there will be increased loads on the energy network when people start to plug their electric vehicles in for charging. They are also trying to understand where they need to put in more public chargingpoints, and will use the geography of these home charge units to work out where most public charge points need to be installed. So there are three main conditions for receiving these free units:
1) You need to be the homeowner or have permission from the homeowner to instal one (no VAT registered businesses as this is a domestic offer only)
2) You need to keep the unit at the property for 3 years (so, if you are moving house you would need to leave the unit for the new homeowner - which should of course, be a selling point for your home),
3) You need to keep the unit plugged in on standby, so that the government can know where the units are. You need to have a decent mobile phone signal from the site as this is how the unit communicates its location. The only data collected is a postcode location of the unit and charging hours, no personal information about you, the homeowner.
Pod Point have been supplying Private and Public vehicle charging points for over 3 years, and are experts in this industry. If you are unsure about anything, ask us and we will be pleased to help.
Pod Point Home 7kw Universal Fast Charger. For £150 the upgraded unit reduces the chage time to just over 3 hours, but more importantly it has no cable and gun, just a socket. This means that any cable can be plugged in, so it is compatible with all current electric and hybrid models and all future planned models. It also means if, in the future, you have more than one electric vehicle in the family, the chargepoint can charge more than one car of more than one model.
By ordering this unit you are agreeing to the following terms:
• My property is in the United Kingdom and I will not be claiming VAT back from HMRC (i.e. I am not VAT registered).
• I give permission for POD Point’s installation partners to install a Pod Point Home at the address details above. If I am not the owner of the property I confirm that I have the full consent of the property owner. If I am a tenant I confirm that I have the full consent of the landlord.
• My name, postcode and energy consumption will be shared with POD Point, OLEV, The Office of Low Emission Vehicles and it’s agents (data will be safeguarded in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
• The Pod Point Home will remain on my property, and will remain on standby for three years from the date of install. If I sell my house I will leave my Pod Point Home at the property.
• I understand that POD Point will manage the inbuilt technology of the Home unit to ensure it does not overload the local and national grid.