Rob Papen RG is a groove plug-in that is far more than just a ´virtual Rhythm Guitar player´.
By using the Rob Papen RG onboard sequencer it is possible to create classic Rhythm Guitar grooves, but beyond that you can use the synthesizer features and effects to make fresh new edgy sounds. The sound sets are clean sampled guitars, which gives you great freedom and flexibility when using the synthesizer features and effects of RG.
To play the grooves, Rob Papen RG is using a unique keyboard layout of "major chords" and "minor chords", each with two sequence patterns (A or B) option. It is only a matter of hitting a single note in the major keyboard range or minor keyboard range and the groove plays.
Guitar types include the classic Fender Stratocaster electric guitar, 8th note groove type Steel String acoustic guitar and a 16th note groove type Steel String acoustic guitar.
The synthesizer parts of Rob Papen RG include a classic analog modelled synthesizer filter, LFO, envelopes and modulation section. The effect section can be built up by using up to 3 effects at a time. Included are MIDI time-based delays, chorus and also speaker simulators, phaser, flanger and many more.
Rob Papen RG main features include:
* Unique user interface makes controlling the Rob Papen RG
fresh and intuitive
* 3 guitar types
* Analog Synth Filter, LFO, Envelopes and Mod Section
* Built-in FX - up to 3 at at time
* Fresh new edgy sound shaping possibilities
* Rhythm Guitar models: Electric guitar, Steel 8th and Steel 16th.
* Sequencer section: Controls the guitar strokes and RG
synthesizer parts - 32 steps. Each step has On/Off, Tie, Stroke
(Down, Up, Ghost or Glide/Extra), Velocity and Free row.
* Overall Pitch modulation section: Tempo sync-able global Pitch
LFO, Amount control option, Pitch bend with separate settings
for up and down pitch-bends.
* Filter section: Main filter is an analogue modelled stereo
Multimode Filter. Pre-filtering distortion. Easy Filter control by
pre-defined Cutoff Frequency modulation controllers.
* Amp section: Built-in Amp/Volume Envelope with Attack, Decay and Release.
* Modulation section: 2 free modulation routings. 33 modulation
sources, including the stroke types of the RG sequencer. 22
* FX section: 3 HQ effects blocks in serial mode. Midi tempo
based settings in most effects. Overall bypass for FX or bypass per FX.
* EQ section: Equalizer with 5 bands at 60Hz, 200Hz, 600Hz,
2000Hz and 8000Hz frequencies.
* Overall: Parameter read-out field above the preset box. Back
panel with extra global functions.
* Preset section: Uses sound banks composed of 128 presets.