The Safetots No-Screw Stair Gate is a TRUE pressure fitting stair gate. The gate requires no tools to fit, can be installed without wall cups unlike other 'pressure fitting' gates, and also includes an Indicator button which highlights when the gate is installed correctly. This listing includes all extension options to fit a maximum width of 119.3cm
- The gate without extensions fits gaps between 73.5 and 79.6cm.
- True Pressure Fitted. The gate can be installed without screws or wall cups. (Please note other pressure fitting gates require wall cups to be kept in position using either adhesive strips or even screws)
- Correct Installation Indicator. The Indicator will highlight when the gate has been installed correctly.
- The Indicator will also highlight if the gate requires tightening at any stage whilst in position.
- Two Way Opening
- Double Locking Mechanism
- Compatible to the Safetots extension kit which can expand the potential total width to 119.3cm. (select desired width from drop down menu)
- This gate is designed for children upto 24 months of age.
- The Safetots No-Screw Stair Gate has been tested and approved to the latest EN1930:2011 Safety Regulations
*If three or more extensions are requried to fit the gate to the desired width, wall cups would be required. Safetots supply wall cups with all sets of fittings.
Additional extensions can be added to this gate which will allow you to fit this gate in a wider space.
How to measure for your gate;
To ensure you buy the right gate and extension combination, you will need to take two measurements.
1. Floor level - Measure the space to be filled at floor level. This may be wall to wall, skirting board to skirting board, etc
2. Top of Gate - Measure the space to be filled 75cm above floor level.
Both of the measurements taken (Floor Level and Top of Gate), must fit within the same width range given in the table below.
|Width of opening No. Of extensions required|
73.5cm - 79.6cm Standard width
79.6cm - 86.5cm Single extension required
86cm - 93.3cm Double extension required
92.5cm - 99.8cm Triple extension required
99cm - 106.3cm Two Double extensions required
105.5m - 112.8cm Triple and Double extensions required
112cm - 119.3cm Two Triple extensions required
True Pressure:The gate is installed completly by pressure. You are not required to make marks against the walls either with screws or wall cups using adhesive strips
Installation Indicator:The gate has a green and red incorporated into the handle of the gate. When you are installing the gate you will see the indicator change from red to green to show you the installation is correct. If a pressure fitting gate has prolonged use or is robustly used, the gate can become misaligned and requires the fittings to be tightened. Unlike other pressure fitting gates the Safetots no screw gate will alert you to this fact and allow you to resolve the issue in seconds.
Two Way Opening: You are not restrcited to only opening the gate towards you or away from you. The two way opening facility gives you maximum flexibility in the use of your safety gate.
Double Locking Mechanism: The Safetots no screw stair gate has a locking mechanism whichsuqsequently requires two separate actions to open the gate (push button and lift handle). Although this is easy for an adult to operate, and in fact is designed for one handed adult operation, it is also designed to prevent inquizitive toddlers from opening the gate.
Designed for children upto 24 Months: This guidance should be monitored against your child's own development. Many people may continue to use stair gates well into children's third and even forth years. Often this is unavoidable with older siblings. However, Safetots advise constantly checking your own child's development as individual children's skills do develop at different ages.