How much does Upholstery Fabric Paint cover?
One can of Upholstery Fabric Paint will cover approximately 1.5 square meters (17 square feet) evenly. You must test your fabric to see how absorbent the material is. Different fabrics could use more or less of the paint.
Is Upholstery Fabric Paint soft when it dries?
Yes, it is soft, and will not stiffen or harden fabric like traditional spray paints. The feel of the material may change when it is dry though. You should test before spraying.
Can I completely change the colour I am painting (i.e. paint my red couch blue or assorted colour combinations)?
Because the paint absorbs into the material and stays soft (instead of hardening on top of materials), the material you are painting must be lighter than the colour of the paint you are using for colour to show correctly. You can paint a cream couch black, but you can’t paint a black couch cream. The paint is not opaque so it cannot make darker colours lighter.
Will Simply Spray Upholstery Fabric Paint rub off onto clothing?
The paint should adhere into the fabric and after 72 hours it should not rub off. Test by running your hand over the material, if any paint rubs off, it is because there is excess paint between the fibres that did not absorb into the material. You can use a bristle brush and a dry rag to wipe the excess paint. You can also use a hair dryer to speed the drying process.
Can you wash materials sprayed with Upholstery Fabric Paint?
Yes, you can wash as you would any other fabric. You should not use any type of liquid or sheet fabric softener. Fabric softener breaks down the pigments in the paint. Wait 72 hours before washing for the first time. We do not recommend dry cleaning.
Can I wash my painted items with other items or will it run?
Wash separately the first time. After that, washing with like colours is recommended.
Can I use Upholstery Paint indoors or does it have strong fumes?
Simply Spray is non-toxic, non-flammable and has no fume or odours. The propellant in the can is very safe and is the same propellant used with food, such as whip cream. The propellant is odourless. Occasionally, you may smell a faint paint odour if you are using a large number of cans indoors. If you have sensitivities, you should use the product in a ventilated area to be on the safe side.
Do I have to heat set my project?
NO! One of the greatest things about Simply Spray Upholstery Paint is that it sets itself. You do not need to iron or put it in the dryer, just wait 72 hours before washing.
Is Simply Spray Upholstery Fabric Paint safe for children?
YES! All Simply Spray products are safe for everyone. They are non-toxic and non-flammable. Simply Spray products are aerosol but do not contain ANY harsh ingredients or inhalants. Its secret formula is safe and conforms to ASTM-D 4236.
My can will not spray again, what should I do?
DON’T PANIC! You might have pulled the trigger back too hard. If the trigger is pulled back too hard, it can “stick”. Simply put your index finger behind the blue trigger and push it forward. A “pop” or “click” should happen. If you push on the trigger a few times, it should start spraying again.
If you don’t leave your can with the trigger in the correct “off position”, the gas will seep out, rendering the can unusable. When done using the can, make sure the trigger is fully pushed forward and in the off position. Even pulling lightly on the nozzle will allow the gas to seep out.
Paint may build up in the nozzle after it is used. If this happens, pick off any excess dried paint from the nozzle opening, then flip the can upside down and spray to clear the passage. The force of the spray should clear the way. We also suggest storing your used paints upside-down in water if you will not be using them right away (with trigger in off position).
Is it safe to use around pets?
Simply Spray Upholstery Paint is safe to use on fabrics that will be in contact with your pet, such as a pet bed. We do not recommend that you spray the paint on your pet or near your pet.
I accidentally got some paint on my clothing, what can I do?
One of the great things about Simply Spray paints is that they are permanent on your project. When you accidentally get Simply Spray on your clothes…you want to wash them as soon as possible. You should wash your clothes using liquid fabric softener because fabric softener breaks down the pigment in the paint. Unfortunately, there’s not a universal solution to remove permanent paint from clothing, all material is different. Keep washing them and put soap directly on the paint and scrub using a washcloth for friction.
What happens if I get Upholstery Paint on my skin?
You can wash Simply Spray off your skin with regular soap, water and a little help from a cloth. If you wash your hands immediately after using, the paint should come off with little effort.
Should I wear gloves when I use Upholstery Paint?
Sometimes wearing gloves can cause more of a problem than you would think…. The paint will not absorb into the glove and will transfer onto your project.
I am planning to use Upholstery Fabric Paint outside; will it ruin my grass if I get paint on it?
We always recommend that you cover your work area. Simply Spray is not harmful if you get some on your grass, but it will change the colour of your grass temporarily.
What happens if I get Upholstery Paint on my cement / driveway?
We always recommend that you cover your work area. Simply Spray will soak into your cement and can be difficult to remove. You should wash the area with a steel brush and strong cleaner that won’t harm the surface.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your order and we would hope to resolve any problems you may have. If, however, you are in any way unhappy with your purchase we will promptly exchange the item, issue a credit or refund you.
Terms and Conditions
- Customers have the right to return their order within 14 days of purchase. Where the customer exercises their right to cancel an order after processing, only the product costs will be refunded upon receipt of returned goods as Ideal Home Projects Ltd does not refund postal charges.
- All returned products will be refunded or exchanged provided they have not been used, opened or damaged. We reserve the right to charge a 15% restocking fee. Postage costs will only be refunded if goods received were incorrect, faulty or damaged upon receipt. Photographic evidence may be required to support a claim.
- Returned items should be sent by courier. It is important to note, 1st & 2nd class returns are destroyed by Royal Mail due to the type of item. Ideal Home Projects Ltd does not cover return postage costs.
- Any returned items must be received within 14 days of purchase to qualify for a refund or replacement.
- Any items damaged during return due to insufficient packaging may only receive a part refund at Ideal Home Projects Ltd's discretion.
- In the rare event of a customer receiving an incorrect item, Ideal Home Projects Ltd will, upon receipt of the returned incorrect item, send the correct item and refund the return postage. If the customer requires a fast replacement, Ideal Home Projects Ltd will recharge the customer, send the correct item and on receipt of the returned incorrect item, refund the customer for the cost of their 2nd order and for their return postage