Supra spent over five years in research and development for the new LoRad shielded mains cable
The benefits of LoRad have been established for some time now - as the cable is one of the few available worldwide that is fully CE approved. The main benefit is the shielding which helps to ensure that other low level signal cables are not affected by the close proximity of the LoRad mains cable - induced RF interference has been one of the biggest bug-bears of high quality audio and video reproduction and so by equipping one's hi-fi or AV system with LoRad, you should both see and hear a difference.
LoRad is a CE-approved audio grade replacement mains cable and it is available for home DIY'ers to terminate with their own choice of mains connectors such as MK Toughplug, Schuko and IEC320 connectors.
Supra LoRad Technical Specifications:
- 3x 2.5mm sq. cores of tin-plated multi-stranded OFC cable
- External Diameter: 11.0mm Brown (Live), Blue (Neutral) and Green/Yellow (Earth) coloured insulation jackets.
- Semi-conductive earth insulation - no drain wires !!
- High quality 99.99% coverage foil screen
- Highly flexible outer insulation (easily passed CE-regulation 2x 30,000x "bends" test !!)
- Approx. 16A rating (@ 230V)
- LoRad 2.5 can be used for wiring a "spur" from your consumer unit