Details about Tri Planar Precision Tone Arm V11See original listing
05 Aug, 2014 07:56:06 BST
London, London, United Kingdom
Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully ... Read moreabout the condition
This is one of the very high end arms and although it has been mounted to my Deck once it can be regarded as new and in mint condition the damping fluid has not been used and l would estimate about 15 records played with this arm, and then put back into the box as the Hi End Turntable l bought it for didn't happen and l can't justify putting it on my current Michell Gyro SE Turntable which already has it's own arm.
This retailed at £4,500 so this is a real opportunity to grab an absolute Bargain purchased in the UK.
I will also include an arm mount from Michell Engineering for Orb
Termination is via the 10" RCA box at back of the arm as seen in the pictures, so choice of arm cable can be determined by the user.
I live in London so anybody who is interested is welcome to come and see it for themselves
Here is the link to the Tri Planar web site describing the arm
Below are some more details.
Mk. VII Tonearm
The unique dual-pivot design of this precision tonearm provides unrivaled tracking, transparency, and resolution.
The arm creates a musical sound stage unmatched by any other. It has been described as powerful and dynamic, solid yet expressive, delicate and tactile. The outstanding quality of this arm, commented on time and again, is that it is invisible, lacking the colorations that plague so many of our competitors.
• Black or silver finish
• Damped headshell
• Annealed-aluminum coaxial damped armtube
• Clamping yoke design that firmly couples the headshell tube to the bearing tube, making for a single unit yet allowing azimuth rotation of the headshell
• Silicone-fluid trough tonearm damping
• Bearings featuring hand-crafted, hardened and polished needle cones
• Progressive anti-skating design
• Sophisticated system of decoupled counterweights, allowing proper stylus force for any cartridge without altering effective mass
• Easy 3-screw installation, with no large VTA hole
• Type: gimbal-bearing tonearm
• Effective length: 250mm
• Pivot-to-spindle distance: 233.5mm
• Overhang: 16.5mm
• Offset angle: 22°
• Effective mass: 11g
• Bearing offset: 22°
Tonearms come in a variety of wire terminations. See the In the Box page for more information.
© Copyright Tri-Planar 2012
Last edited by jont; 30-06-14 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Update adding pic