Unlimited Instant Blackberry Unlock Codes - Click Here
We offer a fast, safe and reliable unlocking service for any GSM Blackberry mobile phone locked to any network worldwide
Subject to network availability - Please read FAQ's for more information.
- 100% Genuine BlackBerry Unlock Code.
- 100% Safe. 100% Guaranteed. See FAQ's
- No Cables Required.
- No technical skills required.
- Code entered using the phones keypad.
Once unlocked you can:
- Use your Blackberry on any GSM network. See FAQ's
- Save money on roaming fees.
- Increase the resale value of your phone
- Switch networks without having to buy a new phone.
Codes Dispatched: 5min - 3hrs
Mon - Fri : 9am - 6pm
Sat - Sun : 10am - 4pm
Average dispatch time is less than 30 mins but there are certain times in the day when we are very busy so always allow upto 3 hours.
You will recieve an order update once your code has been dispatched.
Please Note: We DO NOT send codes through the eBay messaging System
Before we can process your order we will need some information about the phone, please send us the following details.
- Model no. (eg. BB-8900)
- Network phone is locked to. (eg. T-Mobile)
- IMEI number - No Dots / Spaces etc.
(Type *#06# into phones keypad to display correct IMEI number on screen)
- PRD Number
This can be located in the phones battery compartment see below
Please send the details during checkout (PayPal notes) or by message, either through eBay or direct to our email address.
If sending direct to our email address please remember to include your eBay id so we can identify your order.
Please don't send requests for urgent codes or within a specified time limit, we do not prioritize orders, if you cannot wait upto 3 hours (or the next working day for orders placed outside of hours) please visit our website.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q. Is unlocking safe?
A. Yes, most phones are programmed to be unlocked by code, it's just like entering a password, it doesn't change or harm anything on your phone what so ever.
- Q. What's the best way to check if my phone is actually locked?
A. For newer models with OS6 and above simply insert a non supported SIM card and restart the phone, if it's locked it will ask you if you want to unlock it.
For older models with OS5 and below visit our instructions page here: http://www.mobilefoneshop.net/instructions and follow the instructions for your phone to you get to the personalization screen, there will be 5 locks displayed, if all 5 are disabled the phone is unlocked, if one or more is active the phone is locked.
- Q. I bought my phone second hand, how can I check that it's not hardlocked?
A. For newer models with OS6 and above simply insert a non supported SIM card and restart the phone, if you are prompted to unlock the phone, select yes, you will then be prompted to enter the network MEP code, it will also show how many attempts left in brackets, if (0 left) the phone is hard locked.
For older models with OS5 and below visit our instructions page here: http://www.mobilefoneshop.net/instructions and follow the instructions to step 7, you will be prompted to enter the network MEP code, it will also show how many attempts are left, (0 left) means the phone is hardlocked..
- Q. Are your codes guaranteed to work?
A. Yes as long as the IMEI and PRD number you have sent are correct and the phone is not hardlocked or already unlocked your phone will accept the code.
- Q. When I enter the code I get "Code Error".
A. There are only 3 reasons this can happen
1. The code was entered incorrectly.
2. The IMEI and/or PRD number you supplied are incorrect or from a different phone.
3. The phone is hardlocked - you will see (0 left) next to the code input box.
- Q. My phone does show (0 left) can you still unlock it?
A. Unfortunately not at this time.
- Q. I have 2 identical phones can I use the code to unlock both phones?
A. No, codes are generated using the phones IMEI #, you will need seperate codes for each one.
- Q. You stated that once unlocked I can use any network worldwide, does this mean I can use my 3 SIM card in my Blackberry 8520?
A. No, network availability is subject to having a compatible phone, the 8520 only supports 2G and 3 works on 3G technology.
If you are unlocking your phone to use on a specific network, please check that your handset is compatible first.
- Q. My phone is asking for a PIN number, is this the unlock code?
A. No, the PIN is enabled on your SIM card, for information concerning the PIN, PIN2, PUK and PUK2 codes for a SIM card please read the manual that came with your phone or contact your network provider.
- Q. I entered the code but it's saying SIM Not Provisioned2
A. The SIM is not provisioned for use with Blackberry services, please contact your network provider.
Our hours of business are as follows:
Mon - Fri : 9am - 6pm
Sat - Sun : 10am - 4pm
There is usually someone available outside of these hours until around 11pm but it's not guaranteed, if no one is available, orders placed outside of these hours will be processed the next working day, if you don't want to wait please visit our website.
Orders are processed from 5 minutes to 3 hours, our average dispatch time is under 30 minutes but is dependant on how busy we are, always allow upto the maximum 3 hours.
Please don't send requests for urgent codes or within a specific time frame, we do not prioritize orders over others, if you need a code urgently or do not want to wait please contact us first for an estimated dispatch time or visit our website.
Your Order Status
You can check the status of your order at any time by going to your Purchase History in "My eBay"
Once your order has been processed and dispatched, we will change your order status to show this, you will also recieve an order update in your eBay messages, please read it as it will contain further details and instructions regarding your order.