Unique rare vintage Argentinian Morgan 1965 guitarSee original listing
15 May, 2011 03:03:36 BST
US $200.00 (approx. £132.77) Economy Int'l Shipping | See details
International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.
International delivery - items may be subject to customs processing depending on the item's declared value.
Sellers set the item's declared value and must comply with customs declaration laws.
As the buyer, you should be aware of possible:
- delays from customs inspection.
- import duties and taxes which buyers must pay.
- brokerage fees payable at the point of delivery.
Your country's customs office can offer more details, or visit eBay's page on international trade.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
This Guitar is a 100% rare, unique and vintage collectable item.
Is an Original Guitar: MORGAN year 1965
Morgan was an Argentinian Luthier that worked from the 60s to the 70s only.
In a peculiar age where the goverment suffered a militar confrontation and this fall, leaving the complete country to a repressive and militarist elite that closed all the importation and put many restriction to the citizens.
And killing all who thinks different too, really a very dangerous and horrible age.
By the way, was a strong impulse to the national production, then more luthiers
had a great opportunity for be famous, and the most famous in their time was MORGAN.
The Morgan guitars was an icon of the Rockabilly and Twist Rockandroll in Argentina,
many important musicians records their songs with this guitars.
This luthier was influenced by Wandre&Devoli, Martin, Fender, and some anothers big brands of that age.
Currently only remains 3 or 4 complete guitars on the country and maybe on the world, of this brand/luthier.
You have the unique opportunity now of adquire one of this excel vintage guitars.
The guitar have a very rare JAZZY or BLUESY Style, i don't know, is an unique style i think!
BIG PICTURES OF THE GUITAR???
MORE PICTURES, LOOK MY ALBUM:
THE PARTS THAT ARE MISSING IN PICTURE,
I HAVE IT APPART, AND I WILL SEND IT:
- The Aluminium SADDLE for the Bridge.
- The Acrylic Nut.
- The clamp for the bottom where go the pin strap.
Now i will talk about the Condition of the guitar
AND I WILL BE TOTALLY HONEST:
- Is 100% Original, not several parts changed. (i think only the string retainer, the jack plate and some screws)
- Have only 1 missing: The Pin Strap of Bottom. (that cost 1 usd)
- The action of the truss rod of neck is OK.
- Maybe need a ReFrettered work.
- The acrylic pickguard have a crack.
- The paint and finished have only some chips of the time, NOT hits or dents.
- The electronics are OK, but are not well connected, i think the toggle need be replaced.
- Have 2 vintage pots MADE IN ITALY of the 60s.
- Have 1 orange capacitor, very old.
- 2 pickups working:
* Bridge: 6.20k of resistence
* Neck: 4.63k of resistence
- The peghead tuners works fine.
- Is not Ready for Use now. Need complete the restauration.
The Guitar is ideal for somebody with a bit of Patience and Knowledge about this. Not to much, only a little.
In general is in great condition for the Age, then you will take a guitar with very good wood of southamerica for some bucks.
I think that wood is Cypress and Mara (Mahogany, the Caoba of Bolivia). i will research more on this, but i sure about Mara on Neck.
Neck is unique construction, is like a Fender of 50s with a D profile, shellac to wrist finished, some rares dotmarks on fretboard
Zero Fret old-styled and 2 pieces construction (or 1piece for some ppl), 1 wood for all the neck and the another for fretboard. Very Exquisite!
If you refretted this, you will take a vintage neck of the 50s that cost more than 1000 usd easy.
This Guitar was only in Exposition for many years, and now is sells,
Is your unique oportunity for have an exquisite argentinian instrument.
PLEASE SEE ALL THE PICTURES, THE GUITAR IS SELLS AS IS, NO RETURNS ACCEPTED, BE SURE BEFORE BUY. Regards.
I need put a 150usd extra of Handle in concept of a Custom Rigid Case for shipping.
Check out my other items!