RUST CONVERTER AND PRIMER
MANUFACTURED IN OUR UK FACTORY
This highly effective and highly acclaimed product is manufactured and packaged within our quality controlled factory here in the U.K. All our products are manufactured to ISO9001 standards. Please be aware if buying eslewhere, they may not adhere to our vigorous controls. Buy direct and be assured.
Our company has been established since 1975. Performance Chemicals Ltd has been manufacturing Vactan, based on ICI technology, for decades and is now able to bring you VACTAN on Ebay at a very competitive price, in sizes not otherwise available. We sell large quantities of this product worldwide. Vactan is used throughout The Worldwide Shipping Industry (e.g. US Navy. Stock No. 1H 6850-01-432-8277).
Vactan is a waterbased rust converter and primer and very little surface preparation is required before use. It is widely used in the commercial industry but can also be used in a domestic setting. It will treat rust on cars, car chassis, boat keels, engines... the list is endless...even your garden gate. If you have rust to treat then you need VACTAN.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT OUR PRODUCT IS SOLD UNDER MANY DIFFERENT TRADE NAMES. But we are the manufacturers.
What is Vactan?
Vactan is a complex mixture of a vinyl acrylic copolymer and tannic acid for the treatment of corroded steel and iron surfaces. Vactan neutralises the corrosion process by converting the rust into a blue black metallo-organic complex which passivates the surface. It then further protects the surface by forming a film with low permeability to water vapour and oxygen. Vactan is self priming and many do not overcoat but for long term protection it is advisable to overcoat with solvent or water based paint. One litre of Vactan can treat 8-9 square metres.This non hazardous product has been tested and certified as fit for use for the carriage of grain and use in potable water systems. Store in ambient conditions out of direct sunlight.
Surfaces should be wire brushed to remove loose rust and it is preferable to remove soluble salts by washing with water as they inhibit the conversion process. Surfaces should also be oil and grease free. Vactan has been designed for application by spray and brush. By airless spray a dry film thickness of 60 microns can be achieved without sagging. The addition of further water may be necessary for air assisted spraying (50-70 psi). By brush application, a dry film thickness of 40 microns per coat is considered optimum. Vactan can be applied over damp surfaces and dries quickly under suitable temperature and humidity conditions. Immediately after use equipment should be washed in water to remove all traces of Vactan.
Under ideal conditions a 100 micron wet film of Vactan will be touch dry in approximately 10 minutes at 20 Deg C. Whereas at 10 Deg C and little air movement this time could be as much as 2 hours.
Vactan has numerous uses throughout the world. It receives high praise from the Dutch Barge Association and many shipping companies. We supply to Disney Cruises, Universal Studios in Florida, P&O Ferries and now have distributers around the world.
Vactan is available in 150ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1lit, 5lit and 25lit containers. Please visit our Ebay Shop to purchase.
Vactan is highly active due to its heavy solids content. Please be cautious of "watered" down cheaper immitations.
For further advice and technical help please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist advisors from the relevant department will answer any queries you have. We have specialist advisors for Marine, Transport & Automotive and Vintage Vehicles. They will ensure you receive the correct advice regarding your querie.
For more urgent advice please call Andrew on 0208 320 3352.
For any after sales queries please email our sales team at
If you are still in doubt about this product then please read some of our feedback.
If you choose to have goods shipped by courier, please note this is not available to Scottish Islands and Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man or to other coastal islands. For these areas delivery is by Royal Mail. For shipment by courier please advise contact telephone number and safe place to leave goods if not in. Many Thanks
* your product is great
* cool product A*********
* excellent product, better than and cheaper than branded!! Superb many thanks
* excellent product, tested some on the landrover seems ideal
* first class product and great service
* superb product - will use again
* damn good. What else can I say! Excellent
* great product, works a treat thank you
* thanks for a great product
* thanks will use again superb product
* great product delivered very quickly
* I have tried handfuls of rust treatments and your has worked best so far we treated some rusty metal, got it wet and left it outside in the rain for 24 hours and it didn’t go rusty . We put it in a bucket of water and it still has not gone rusty but the non-treated metal is starting to lift into heavy rust . It goes on smooth when applied with a smooth brush . This makes over painting easy as there are no large lumps and bumps to smooth out. Hydrate 80 is an excellent treatment but it goes on rough, then you have to build up with primer, sand back then top coat. Yours works fine for me, you will have to make your own website as yours is the cheapest after looking around the web and the best.