Please enter a contact number for delivery driver in “Note to Seller” on PayPal.
Delivery charge shown applies to non remote areas of Mainland UK.
Delivery to Northern Scotland and Scottish Isles and extra delivery charge will apply.
6 x Vermiculite V4 or Micafil 100 Litre Pack Note: We will supply either brand depending upon our current stock
Coverage: 1 Pack will cover 1m² to a depth of 100mm
- MICAFIL Vermiculite Micafil is a naturally occurring mineral expanded at high temperature to produce ultra lightweight aerated particles - 90% air by volume.
Completely fireproof, MICAFIL is free flowing and easy to install. It is ideal for thermal and acoustic insulation in lofts, between floors, interior cavity walls, pipe protection, garden use and packaging of liquid and hazardous goods. Micafil mixes with cement to form lightweight concrete - ideal for insulated floors screeds and filling around chimney flues and boilers. It may also be used with gypsum to produce a backing plaster.
SAFE TO USE
Everyone is concerned about the daily risks they take in handling materials. MICAFIL is fibre-free, non-irritant and safe, so there is no need to wear gloves, masks or take special precautions when handling it. It’s reassuring to know its so user friendly.
INTERNAL CAVITY FILL
MICAFIL can be poured into any cavity—between floors, in interior walls, under stair voids, in a way no other insulation material can. And because of its ultra lightweight, no pre-strengthening is required. Used in this way MICAFIL can make a significant contribution to the reduction of sound transference between rooms partitioned by stud and plasterboard walls.
The free running properties of MICAFIL make it simplicity in itself to install. Poured straight from the bag, it simply flows into and over all potential loss areas. Cover the whole loft floor with a continuous heat-trapping carpet of insulation material, level off, and the jobs done! Remember—there is nothing to cut, shape or fold, making it ideal protection around pipes or cables or for filling in awkward corners.
IMPROVING OLD INSULATION
In many homes where loft insulation has been installed for some time, there is often insufficient to meet today’s higher standards. In others it has deteriorated, slumped or was badly laid. MICAFIL is one of the easiest ways of improving this. It seals and covers over existing material to any depth and automatically fills gaps missed between the joists and original insulation
Used as an aggregate with Portland cement, Micafil forms an ultra lightweight concrete suitable for many non structural applications. Mix 1 bag Micafil with 1 bag cement dry before sprinkling over 23 litres of water whilst mixing.
FLOORS AND ROOF SCREEDS
Micafil concrete can be laid over many sub-bases to provide an insulated and resilient floor. It may be used to advantage over suspended floors, for infill to accommodate different levels, or where fire resistance is important. Always use a protective topping when used for floors.
FIREBACKS AND CHIMNEY LININGS
Micafil concrete is ideal as filler to insulate around flue linings, behind firebacks and around pipes when fitting heaters. Use also to fill between brickwork flue and lining.
HOME AND GARDEN
Mix Micafil 1:4 with compost to improve water holding of hanging baskets and patio tubs. Use Micafil to store fruit, bulbs and tubers. Micafil is an ideal barbeque base - it insulates, reflects heat and absorbs fat.
MICAFIL LOFT INSULATION - PRACTICAL TIPS
• To prevent vermiculite falling into the external wall cavity, it is advisable to block off the eaves with lengths of timber between the joists.
• Seal any holes in the ceiling through which pipes pass using an expanding foam aerosol (available from all good building suppliers.)
LAYING THE VERMICULITE
• Wearing a dust mask to prevent breathing any dust generated, pour MICAFIL Large Grade Vermiculite into the spaces between the joists and level out the vermiculite to the depth as specified by the current building regulations.
• For joists that are less than 150mm (6”) deep, lay the vermiculite level with the top of the joist.
• Vermiculite can be boxed in using loft boards. This provides easier access to the loft space area and prevents the vermiculite from being disturbed.
• If the cold water tank is in the loft, do not lay vermiculite below it. Heat from below can prevent the water from freezing in cold weather.
• Fix electrical cables above the level of the vermiculite to prevent their overheating.
• Vermiculite is not suitable for the insulation of external cavity walls.
INSULATION PROPERTIES OF MICAFIL VERMICULITE
Thermal Conductivity (k-value) = 0.062 W/mK
Thermal Resisitivity (r-value) = 16.1 mK/W
Thermal Resistance (R-value) = 16.1 x thickness (metres) m2K/W
Please take a moment to check out my Ebay Shop and see what other fantastic deals you could benefit from!
Kind Regards from the Future Build Supplies Team!!
Important Customer Notice
IMPORTANT WE ONLY DELIVER TO MAINLAND UK - POSTAGE QUOTED IS FOR STANDARD AREAS ONLY
Please Request a total from Seller to get a delivery charge if your delivery address is in the following areas:
Scottish postcodes AB and above, HS, IV, KA27 & 28, KW, PA20 & above, PH4 and above and ZE. OR Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland, Scottish Isles, Channel Isles, All other isles off the mainland.
EXTRA CHARGES TO SOUTHERN IRELAND, NORTHERN IRELAND, CHANNEL ISLANDS
Additional charges are determined by location and weight and can be SUBSTANTIAL for delivery to any of the areas listed.
If in any doubt what so ever, then PLEASE GET A QUOTE before purchasing an item (EMAIL in with your postcode, item number and product name).
PLEASE CALL ON 01579 324178
EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery: On most items we will deliver within 24 To 48 hours.
Some larger products may take 1 -3 working days.
Second Class Post 3 -5 working days
The goods will normally arrive during a working day between 9am - 6pm.
Please Note: If you are not able to accept delivery, please leave a signed note on your front door explaining to either the courier or the postman where to leave in your absence.
ie with a neighbour or back garden or somewhere secure!
Please contact us if this is not possible.
Please take this into consideration when ordering.
AS YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR A REDELIVERY
- Delivery is Mon - Friday 9am - 6.00pm (this is an all day delivery)
- You can ask for am or pm deliveries but an additional fee will be required, please call us on 01579 324178
- If you miss the courier, they will re-attempt the following working day. If you miss the second attempt the parcel will come back to us where you will be charged for the courier charges.
- If you change the delivery address once the parcel has been dispatch, a £5.95 fee will be charged.
- If a parcel gets returned back to us because you are not in we get charged £15.00 from couriers to return item. You will be charged this.
Please be advised that the following charges may apply if you wish to return your goods if no longer required or the wrong item ordered;
- Incorrect sized item purchased (no longer required) = Small Item £8.00 / Large Items £20.00
- Change of address once an order has been dispatched with the courier = £5.95
- In the case that your item is shipped on a pallet due to its weight and size the charge is £50.00
In these circumstances these charges would be levied from your original purchase cost at the point of refund. Please note under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have a 14 day cooling off period to inform us of your intent to return for the above reasons for which you shall be liable for the return costs.