Vintage 1964 J Press Camel Hair 3/2 Blazer Ivy League Mod TradSee original listing
24 Nov, 2011 19:33:09 GMT
Diss, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Used: An item that has been previously worn. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
|Material:||Wool||Trouser Size:||Jacket Only|
Here we have an amazing vintage J Press Camel Hair Blazer dating from 1964.
This is an incredibly rare find. J Press, along with Brooks Brothers, was the quintessential Ivy League-style clothier during the mid 20th century. The quality, fit and attention to detail on these 50s and 60s jackets will put most modern bespoke jobs to shame let alone modern J Press offerings.
This is the ultimate autumn/winter Ivy League style sports jacket and features all the requisite and all important details:
· Classic early 1960s slim, high-fastening lapels
· 3 Button front that when opened, rolls to middle button.
· Completely unpadded natural shoulders and undarted front for the perfect 1960s sack silhouette.
· Lapped seams on the back, shoulders, lapels and pockets
· 2 buttons on the cuff
· Hidden throat latch under lapel for wearing popped collar when extra cold!
· Fully Lined for extra warmth.
· Lovely high hooked centre vent in the classic J Press style
· Two classic flapped patch pockets on hips
· Fantastic soft and unworn camelhair material in the classic gold tan colour, the perfect Ivy style cold weather colouring!
· Handwritten tag dating the jacket to February 1964.
· Union label in inside pocket
The jacket is in an excellent condition. Sometimes vintage camel hair jackets can be very worn in certain places such as the elbows and around the buttons but this one is free of any bare patches or moth holes and smells etc.
I’m gutted this doesn’t fit me, It’s pretty safe to say that you aren’t ever likely to see something like this on ebay again, a proper piece of Ivy League treasure.
It would fit anyone from a 39”-41” chest depending on fit but please see measurements below for an exact fit.
Check out my other items including many more stylish pieces, vintage American clothes, shoes, Jazz LPs and much more so pick up an Ivy League bargain or two!
Please email if you have any questions at all.
The measurements are as follows:
Pit to pit:21
Bottom of Collar to hem:29.5