Details about Vintage Carl Zeiss Jena Zeichenapparat camera lucida/drawing attachmentVintage Carl Zeiss Jena Zeichenapparat camera lucida/drawing attachment See original listing
08 Feb, 2014 10:45:16 GMT
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully ... Read moreabout the condition
Black enamelled camera lucida attachment by CarlZeiss Jena, Nr 1402, in fitted blue velvet lined case signed ‘Sold by C. BAKER optician 244 High Holborn LONDON’, the lid embossed in gilt ‘ZEICHENAPPARAT NACH ABBE’. Box 7.5 inches (18.8cm) wide. This apparatus was designed for Zeiss by Abbe in the late 1800s. Although the actual date of manufacture of this particular device is unknown to me, it looks to date from the early 20th Century. This vintage drawing attachment/camera lucida comprises prism, rotating set of what I presume to be neutral density filters (one of which is loose and needs a touch of glue to the mount) and angled mirror on an arm. The mirror is in pretty good condition although with some light longitudinal banding (see picture) and bears, in cursive script, the words ‘Carl Zeiss Jena’. It is supplied with the original fitted box with blue plush lining and an additional prism located in a slot to the front of the box. Outside of box covered in worn maroon leather, rather tatty and with what appears to be a large black ink stain, but has done its job well in protecting the contents which are in excellent, if slightly dusty, condition. Nice rare item for the collector of microscope paraphernalia, particularly with the association of some of the great names in optical design: Charles Baker, Ernst Abbe and Carl Zeiss.
Please note that this is a UK-based auction. If you wish to bid from another region, please check with me first to ensure that I will post to your country. PayPal only, please
IMPORTANT. Please read the terms and conditions, particularly if you are planning to bid from outside the UK as certain restrictions are applicable.
1. Terms and conditions
· I do not post to all countries/regions. My auctions are primarily for UK based customers so if you wish to bid from another country, please check with me first that I am OK with this and also so that I can provide revised postage costs.
· Only make a purchase if you wish to buy, please
· By committing yourself to the purchase you are accepting these terms and conditions and agree with the postal costs and conditions of carriage
· Payment is required no later than 48 hours after purchase. Failure to pay within 4 days after the end of an auction (unless by exceptional prior agreement) will be reported to eBay
· I only accept payment by PayPal. I reserve the right not to ship until the payment has cleared
· All images are of the actual item for sale
· Unless stated otherwise in the auction description,an item may be returned, by arrangement, within 7 days, providing it is complete and in the same condition that it was received. I am not able to refund your return postage costs unless the item is found to be faulty, or substantially not as described. Likewise, it is up to you to adequately package and insure the item for its return. I am not liable for losses or damage in transit if the item is returned. Your statutory rights are not affected.
· I will only ship to a PayPal confirmed address. If the postal address is not so confirmed, I will cancel the bid
· Postage and packing costs are as per listing (reduced postage rates on multiple purchases is possible – please check with me). Higher postage costs may be incurred if the item, by prior agreement, is to be sent to a non-UK destination. I reserve the right not to send items to certain regions/countries. Items sent abroad will be value declared to customs at the selling price – no exceptions, please. Customs duties are the responsibility of the buyer.
· Local collection is not available
· All items are packaged securely. I try to use recycled materials wherever possible.
· Proof of posting and/or tracking number is obtained on all items
· Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery (my default delivery option) is tracked and signed for and insurance value depends on tariff. Royal Mail First Class Signed For may be specified for less valuable items. Items sent abroad will be via Royal Mail Airsure, wherever possible, otherwise via International Signed For.
· Positive feedback will always be left for smooth transactions
· Users with questionable or low feedback may have their bids removed
· Negative or Neutral feedback is not the best way to resolve problems. I make every effort to describe items fairly and accurately, but if an item is thought to be significantly different to the description, please contact me immediately so that we can try to resolve the issue.