When couples decide to try for a family, it is not only women who need to look after their diet and lifestyle in order to maximise their health and support conception. Male health is also vital and a few simple changes may also significantly influence healthy strong viable sperm and the likelihood of conception. Click here to read some tips for men who are about to start trying for a family.
Introducing Wellman® Conception - Wellman® Conception recognises that men have an important influence on conception and have distinct reproductive health needs of their own. Many men now recognise the importance of getting themselves in shape and adopting a healthier lifestyle when trying for a baby. The advanced formula combines a potent blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals with amino acids, L-Carnitine, L-Arginine and folic acid which have been specifically chosen for their role in male reproductive function and health.
Wellman® Conception should be taken daily as an integral part of an overall healthy lifestyle, ideally three months before trying to conceive, while, at the same time, Pregnacare® Conception has been specially designed for your partner with vitamins, essential minerals and 400mcg folic acid.
Wellman® Conception targets a number of areas of reproductive health in males:
1) Nutritional support for conception & spermatogenesis - It is now known that folic acid not only plays a critical role in female conception, for the early development of the foetus, but is also important for the man’s role in conception too. In addition, L-Carnitine & L-Arginine, both present within the Wellman® Conception formula, play a key role in sperm energy metabolism. L-carnitine provides valuable support for the male reproductive system. Research over the last few decades has reported that L-carnitine is found in high concentrations in sperm, and may play a part in sperm energy metabolism and most importantly, may support sperm quality contributing to its ability to reach the egg. L- Arginine may help support healthy sperm count as it may assist blood flow to the genital area by stimulating nitric oxide in the body.
2) Zinc and male conception health - Zinc is arguably one of the most important minerals for the male reproductive system as semen contains 100 times more zinc than is found in the blood. In fact each ejaculate contains around 5mg of Zinc, one half of the whole recommended daily nutrient intake. Zinc content in the prostate gland and sperm is higher than in any other body tissues and is required for the important production of testosterone and therefore 15mg of Zinc has been included within the formulation.
3) Antioxidant support - Vitamins C, E, and selenium are important antioxidants central to overall reproductive health and wellness. Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant that is actively secreted into semen. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant vitamin and helps to improve the overall health of sperm. Sperm can be damaged by free radicals and Vitamin E is an antioxidant which helps to reduce the number of free radicals. Selenium is also a powerful antioxidant and is thought selenium may help increase sperm motility.
The formula also includes other key nutrients that are ideal for all men when trying for a baby with their partner:
- Peruvian MACA Extract – Sourced from the Peruvian herbaceous plant, this organic source Maca contains important nutrients including amino acids and fatty acids, which are essential for male reproductive health.
- Co-Enzyme Q10 – Acts as an antioxidant and energy-releasing agent and is thought to stabilize the integrity of the sperm flagella.
- Folic Acid – Studies suggest that supplementation of folic acid along with zinc supports sperm health.
- Lycopene – Highly regarded for its exceptional antioxidant properties, nutritional studies have shown intake of Lycopene linked to prostate health.
- Siberian Ginseng Extract – Widely used to help maintain overall male vitality.
- Pine Bark Extract ( 95% Proanthocyanidins ) – Highly effective antioxidants which may play a role in protecting sperm. Free radicals (responsible for oxidative cell) are said to be responsible for 40 percent of sperm damage.
Amount Per Serving
Lycopene Extract: 1.5mg
Peruvian Maca Extract: 250mg
Pine Bark Extract: 30mg
Siberian Ginseng Extract: 30mg
Co-enzyme Q10: 2mg
L-Carnitine Tartrate: 50mg
Citrus Bioflavonoids: 10mg
Vitamin A (2500 IU): 750µg
Vitamin D3 (as 600 IU): 15µg
Vitamin E: 30mg
Vitamin C: 90mg
Thiamin (Vitamin B1): 12mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): 5mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3): 18mg
Vitamin B6: 10mg
Folacin (Folic Acid): 400µg
Vitamin B12: 75µg
Pantothenic Acid: 10mg
No artificial colours, gluten, preservatives, salt or yeast.
Wellman® Conception is not tested on animals and can be continued for as long as required. A general multivitamin supplement is not necessary in addition to Wellman® Conception.
Take one tablet per day with your main meal. Swallow with a glass of water or a cold drink. Not to be chewed. Do not exceed the recommended intake. Wellman® Conception should only be taken on a full stomach.