WIRE GLUE™ - Electrical joints without solder!
With FREE ACCESSORIES and my own DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
There are a few people selling this now, but only from me will you get ALL of these ...
- ROYAL MAIL 1st CLASS DELIVERY If your payment is received before 3pm on a working day it will usually be posted on the same day.
- A FREE APPLICATION KIT - everything you need to use this product successfully is in the packet.
- STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS. These are based on personal experience and user feedback from 1000+ sales, and can make the difference between success and failure when using this product.
- EXCELLENT SERVICE - as much help as you need before AND after the sale.
This is a great product - to use it successfully, though, you will need to be prepared to read and follow simple instructions, including being patient enough to allow the glue to dry completely undisturbed for at least 12 hours.
IMPORTANT! Wire glue is intended for low voltage and low current applications - see below for examples. There are no published limits but 30v and 1A would be sensible maximum figures. It is NOT suitable for high current applications such as heated rear screens or power-tool battery packs etc. , and must NOT not be used for any mains voltage connections! It is also NOT suitable for fixing conductive rubber keypads. For this you need another Anders product called Keypad Fix™ - see my other items
Like everything I sell, this has been thoroughly researched and tested by me. The information in this listing and the instructions supplied are the result of personal experience and feedback from users - not just copied from the internet or the packet! If you're not sure if Wire Glue will do the job you have in mind, please ASK ME before buying. If I don't think it will, I'll say so. If I say it will and you follow my instructions exactly and it doesn't work, I will refund your money. On average I tell 3 or 4 people every month NOT to buy this product because what they want to do with it won't work.
Wire Glue can be used for ....
....and many other uses
- Repairing broken PCB tracks - my instructions detail how to make reliable low-resistance repairs to Printed Circuit Boards
- Fixing headphone cables - especially for iPod or other portable audio headphones. These are often made to be as flexible as possible, making them very difficult to solder.
- RFI shielding - It’s great as an alternative to graphite paint or copper foil for small areas of RF shielding (like the jack-socket housing on a Fender Strat type guitar). See my other items for a full range of guitar shielding kits.
- Sticking batteries together - Ideal for making battery packs for really small projects where a battery box or holder would be too big.
- Replacing tagged cells - If you can't find a replacement for a tagged cell (typically a memory back-up battery on a pcb) then simply remove the tags from the old cell, and use Wire Glue to attach them to a new un-tagged cell of the correct voltage and capacity.
- Connector Repairs
- Surface Mount Components - often too small to solder without specialist equipment
- Solar Cells - these need a conductive connection but are easily damaged by heat
- Safe Electrical Experiments
- Mini RC cars and model railways
- Electric guitar wiring
Included in the pack are a few simple accessories to help you make successful joints with Wire Glue -
- Abrasive strips - to key the metal surfaces
- Alcohol wipes - to remove any grease
- Stirrers - to stir and apply the glue accurately
- Full instructions - easy to follow, step-by-step instructions with hints, tips and colour photos, based on "hands on" experience and user feedback from 1000+ sales - the maker's notes on the packet are very brief.
Buy with confidence - I am registered as a business with Ebay, UK Paypal verified and my feedback speaks for itself.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Why use Wire Glue?
A. Soldering is usually the best way to make conductive joints, but you need the right equipment, patience and lots of practice (and care!) to make good reliable joints, and there's always the fear of damaging the components with too much heat, or burning yourself with the hot soldering iron. Sometimes soldering isn’t an option; solar cells, for example - they are expensive, fragile, and cannot be soldered as they are easily damaged by heat, yet they still need conductive attachment. ....And If you’ve ever tried to solder onto a battery, you’ll know how difficult it can be – with Wire Glue you don’t have to.
Q. How well does it stick?
A. It forms a strong, rigid bond, but the joint can be brittle. If there’s any chance that it will be subjected to flexing or vibration, you can overcoat the joint with epoxy or superglue (when it is completely dry!) to make it more robust.
Q. Is it as conductive as solder?
A. No. Carbon microfibres are not as conductive as metal, but in low voltage/low current applications this isn't usually an issue. The picture below shows the resistance of a line of Wire Glue about 3mm wide and 20mm long – 0.329 kilo-ohms (329 ohms). In most practical applications the joint will be a fraction of this thickness, of course, and the resistance will be a few ohms at most. Take the example of using Wire Glue to connect an LED to a circuit. The LED will require a current limiting resistor of several hundred ohms anyway, so a few extra ohms caused by the glue will make little difference.
Q. Why does it take so long to set?
A. Wire glue cures by evaporation of the water solvent. This means that for the shortest curing time you should use the minimum necessary - large blobs just take longer to dry without adding to the strength of the joint. If you're in a hurry, gentle heat may be applied, e.g. from a hair dryer, to shorten the drying time, but in any event you should be prepared to wait at least 12 hours, ideally 24, for the joint to reach full strength and maximum conductivity. During this time it is essential that the joint is supported properly and not disturbed - if it is moved before it is set it may appear outwardly to have stuck properly, but the joint resistance will be much higher than it should be.
ITEM DETAILS - You are purchasing one 9ml jar of Wire Glue, brand new with accessories as listed. Any other items shown in photographs are for illustrative purposes only and are not included in the sale.
DELIVERY to UK addresses will be by Royal Mail 1st Class posted the Next Working Day after receipt of your payment. For your protection and mine, I will only deliver to your Ebay / Paypal registered address. Please ensure that these are correct to avoid any delay in receiving your goods.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY - I am happy to receive international orders, and will post worldwide - check the listing for rates. Please be aware that import taxes or customs charges may be payable on import into your country - you will be responsible for paying these. Customs procedures may also delay delivery. Tracked delivery is a chargeable option.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - I want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. I do my best to make sure things go smoothly with every sale, but I'm only human - mistakes sometimes happen, and some things like delivery services or the weather are not in my control.
If for any reason you are not happy, then please GET IN TOUCH as soon as possible and give me the chance to make things right, before leaving negative or neutral feedback. When you ARE satisfied, please leave me positive feedback (inc. 5 stars in the detailed ratings!) and I will do the same for you. Please remember I can't help if I don't know there's a problem! Leaving negative or neutral feedback before telling me you have a problem and giving me a chance to put things right doesn't help either of us. If you check my feedback you will see that the only negatives have been left by buyers who have not been prepared to work with me to resolve the issue. I will ALWAYS resolve a problem to your satisfaction - if given the chance.
RETURNS - Returns are accepted, and I comply fully with UK Distance Selling Regulations and Ebay returns policies. Please notify me that you wish to return the item within 14 days of receipt, and I will provide you with a return address. Goods must be returned in re-saleable condition with all original packaging and accessories. A full refund of the purchase price including outbound shipping will be made. You are responsible for paying shipping charges to return the item to me, unless the item is faulty. Please use a traceable method when returning goods as I cannot accept liability for goods returned to me that I do not receive - you have a duty of care for returned goods until received by me. Consumable items, e.g. paint, ink cartidges etc. may not be returned once opened, so please ensure that the product is suitable before purchase.
DELIVERY TIMES - I endeavour to post all items on the working day following receipt of cleared payment, or on the day of payment if this is received by 15:00 GMT, but this is not guaranteed. Where I anticipate any delay I will inform you of the likely delivery time and you will have the option of cancelling the sale if you wish. Royal Mail delivery times are an "aim", not a guarantee - they do not consider an item lost until delivery is 14 days overdue! Please allow up to 7 working days for UK delivery and 14 working days for overseas delivery before contacting me.
Buy with confidence, I am UK Paypal verified and registered as a business with Ebay.