This is the big one! Not for amateur use. Owned and enjoyed by me for the last 20 years, now seeking an enthusiastic new home. The legendary Wadkin R.U. , the 15" model, sadly without travelling rack slide rest, but in full working order with a bundle of bits and bobs as follows:
1) Marvel at the size of it! Up 11' 3" maximum distance between centres, with bed extended
2) Tripod stand with tool rest (heavy of course)
3) The business end, complete with nine speed gearbox, giving the following speeds : 98, 173, 240, 392, 436, 474, 716, 1120, 1904 rpm (enough speeds for even the fussiest woodturner) Currently fitted with a 4 prong drive, 3 Morse taper.
4) Tailstock is arranged with set over motion for taper turning, currently fitted with heavy duty revolving live centre, 3 Morse taper.
5) Three phase, three horsepower motor (guards removed for clarity).
6) 2 lathe steadies (without legs and clamps) I have never needed to use them, they need a little engineering to make them serviceable.
7) A assortment of tool steadies.
8) 1x 12" faceplate, left hand thread. 1x right hand thread backing plate. 1x spurious 5 1/2" face plate. 1x 6 1/2" face plate, right hand thread.
9) 1x bed winding handle, 1x faceplate lever, a further selection of spurious parts.
10) 1x 18" steel face plate, right hand thread ( currently a sanding disk ) 1x 24" steel faceplate, right hand thread, 1x 27" wooden disc, 1x 40" wooden sanding disc. Also have 56" wooden disc (not pictured, make nice table top)
11) 1x 6" three jaw chuck with key, right hand thread. 1x 2 prong drive, 3 Morse taper.
12) ID plate.
Any trial welcome, bring your own stick to my workshop in Shropshire, no tyre kickers or test pilots please.
Delivery can be arranged, preferably cash on collection, Please note: VAT will be added to the winning bid at 20%.
Any questions, please ring Robin on 0154877914