Western Digital My Book World Edition II external hard drive 2TBSee original listing
11 Jul, 2012 22:14:26 BST
London, London, United Kingdom
Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully ... Read moreabout the condition
|Storage Capacity:||2 TB||MPN:||WDH2NC20000E|
A fantastic hard drive, I was using it only as a back up for my Mac via time machine and it worked a charm. Also works for windows which is great. I have wiped the drives completely. A bargain for a 2TB and a brand which is well known for reliable hard drives.
The WD My Book World Edition II dual-drive network storage system is aimed at enthusiasts and power users that have multiple computers in the household and want to keep them backed up over their home network. With the double protection of two Mirrored (RAID 1) drives and continuous automatic backup software, the My Book World Edition II network storage system provides an extra-safe place for users to back up and store the data and digital media from all the computers on their network in one central location.
My Book World Edition II Dual-Drive Features
• Automatic, continuous backup for all the computers on your network
• Dual-drive system that mirrors valuable data for extra safe data protection
• Centralized storage and sharing for all of your family’s digital content
• Streaming to any connected PC, Mac or DLNA certified game console or media player
• Easy remote access to all your data from anywhere, anytime
• Works seamlessly on networks with both Windows and Mac computers
• Ability to centralize and stream music collection to a Mac or Windows PC using iTunes software
• USB 2.0 port to turn any USB drive into an instant network drive or extra capacity
• Cooler, quieter, eco-friendly design with drives using WD GreenPower Technology
• User serviceable
• Capacity gauge to see at a glance how much space is available on your drive
• central storage location in your home that is compatible with both Mac and Windows files. Simply connect the drive to your network router and you're up and running in just a few minutes. Use the included back up software to protect your family's PCs with automatic and continuous backup plans. Store all your digital media in one central location so everyone in the family can have access to it. Remote access technology lets you securely access files from anywhere, anytime.
Keeping your family's data safe
If you're the family Chief Technology Officer, you understand the importance of backing up photos, music, video and all the other files that are so important to your family, right? And maybe you're the only one in the house that gets it. Now you don't have to nag the rest of the family to back up, or chase down their computers to do it yourself. In just a few simple steps, you can set up automatic and continuous back up to the World Edition drive for all your family's computers. Whew, okay, that's done and now you don't have nag anymore.
Keeping the files on your laptop backed up without even thinking about it
You've been out at Joe's Coffee Shop writing your novel and now you're home and you know you should back up your work. Sigh. With the My Book World Edition drive it's no longer a chore, in fact, it's easy. Just turn on your laptop and log into the home network. That's it. Your files will be backed up automatically. It's not hard to set it up, and once you're done it's always automatic and you can stop thinking about it.
Playing music and video files on your TV
Your epic trip-to-Africa movie is here on the computer in the den. Your big, beautiful new plasma TV is there in the family room. How do you get that movie from here to there? My Book World Edition can be your home's central media hub. From it you can stream photos, music, and videos to your home entertainment center. All you need is the My Book World Edition drive and a digital media adapter or a game console like X-Box 360 or Playstation 3, and your masterpiece is there on the big screen.
Playing all your iTunes music on any computer in the house
You use iTunes to manage your music and so does the rest of the family, so there are music files on all of your family's computers. With the My Book World Edition drive, you can put that music all in one place so that everyone can listen. Store all your family's iTunes music on the drive. Find the drive on any computer on the network. Open iTunes, and, ta-da, there's the music.
Getting to your data no matter where you are
You're out of town, interviewing for a new job. You need a new copy of your resume and it's only on your home computer which is turned off. Yikes! But you're OK, because you stored the resume on your My Book World Edition drive. The drive is always on, and you can get to it through the Internet, any time, anywhere. Excellent! Now you can knock 'em dead in the interview.
Will not ship internationally, Goods will only be dispatched once funds have cleared in my bank account so immediate paypal payment is required. Sorry but fraud is all too common these days.