WHITE TREE JASMINE, HARLEQUIN GLORYBOWER
CLERODENDRUM TRICHOTOMUM VAR FARGESII
ü our best available 30-40cm tall specimen in 8x8cm pot with slow release plant food
ü sown and grown in North Wales: trained under UK climatic conditions
ü with red stone grit granules to control moisture in the pot
ü FREE P&P
ü FREE GROWING KIT including:
- slow release plant food for next season
- plant holder bamboo stick and zip tie
- full growing instructions
1 plant (6 months old), established in 8x8cm pot, potted into our special compost mix with slow release plant food
in an injection moulded, strong, reusable plastic pot which won't break during shipping and afterwards
pot is covered with special media to the very top and then wrapped therefore compost is securely locked during postage and roots won't be disturbed
plant height is 30-40cm, as seen on photograph (similar, but lower leaves may be missing by end of Summer), can be planted into the ground next Summer; by then it may reach 80-100cm if potted up into a 1L pot next Spring.
you will also receive our special GROWING KIT with:
slow release plant food (for 6 months) for the next growing season (no need of extra food this year)
a plant holder stick to keep the stem upright and a zip tie to attach the stem to the stick
full growing instructions including the application of the food
Native to China and Japan, also know as Tree Of Bad Fortune. This stunning plant is a coarse, sometimes unkempt, deciduous shrub or small tree that can slowly grow up to 3-4m tall in the UK. It is most often seen as a suckering shrub. It must be trained to grow as a tree and is rarely seen growing in that form. As an ornamental, this shrub is perhaps best noted for its late summer flowers, showy fruit and malodorous foliage. Tubular, fragrant, white flowers in long-peduncled cymes bloom in the upper leaf axils from late summer into fall. Flowers are followed by small bright blue fruits, each subtended by a fleshy red calyx, these are very eye-catching. Opposite, toothed to entire, ovate, dark green leaves (to 5-8” long) produce no fall color. When bruised, the leaves do produce a unique aroma reminiscent of peanut butter as memorialized by the sometimes used common name of peanut butter tree for this plant. Hardy to -15 C, it thrives well for most gardens in the UK (it won't like coastal winds though). Can be planted in any well drained soil. The plant has got a mediterranean effect. Can be kept on the patio too if planted into a very large pot or barrel.
Packaging & Postage details
- When sending plants, it is extremely important to pack them as securely as possible. Therefore we do not use stuffing. Instead, we have developed a UNIQUE PACKING METHOD which makes plant movement virtually impossible in the parcel. Whenever place an order for whatever plant, you can be certain that your item will arrive in perfect condition to your door.
- You never pay more than the actual cost for sending the parcel so we do not make any profit on P&P, and the packaging is FREE. We will also pay for the Registered (Signed For) part of the postage cost on all purchases above £20 within the UK and above £40 within the EU. If this applies to you, just order by the normal First Class delivery option and we will make sure your item(s) will be sent Registered.
- In almost all circumstances, we use Royal Mail to send your parcels and we use First class service with the delivery aim of 1 day in the UK. You have the option for Registered (Signed For) delivery.
- We combine postage whenever possible, for example if you order plants supplied in 8-9cm pots, the additionals will cost only £0.90 each (within the UK). We can send plants in one single parcel for up to 20kgs within the UK (size limitations also apply) and up to 2 kgs to overseas. If you order different plants, please always ask for invoice so we can calculate the reduced postage.
- YOUR TOTAL SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY, therefore, in the extremely unlikely event the plant gets lost during shipping (you MUST receive the plant in 7 days in the UK and 10 days abroad) OR arrive damaged, we will send you another plant(s) free of charge.
- It is important to us to care about the environment, so our plants are grown in injection moulded, strong, reusable plastic pots (this ensures too that they don't break during shipping and afterwards), and we pack our plants in recycled cardboard boxes. (All pots are covered with special media to the very top for the postage and then wrapped therefore compost is securely locked during postage and roots won't be disturbed.)
- There are also some guidelines to follow when opening the parcel to unwrap your plant(s) securely, but we will send you an email before dispatch to explain all this. There are size limitations for small packets, it cannot exceed 1,2m in length, sending it within the UK and 60cm, to overseas. This means that if a plant is longer than that, we have to cut it back to fit into the box to avoid using much more expensive postal service and keep our prices lower. Whenever possible, we try to avoid this, using the right plant for you.
- Please note that we guarantee ONE WORKING DAY DISPATCH time but we cannot guarantee the exact DELIVERY time as it is beyond our control. For extra peace of mind, from abroad - especially in Summer when the weather is often hot - please consider to order International Signed For delivery which is usually quicker than normal Airmail.
- All items will be sent on the following day of the registered payment as follows (Friday and Weekend purchases will be sent on Monday to avoid any weekend postal delay):
PURCHASE TIME (WITH PAYMENT) DISPATCH TIME * USUAL DELIVERY DAY (WITHIN THE UK)
Sunday 8pm - Monday 8pm Tuesday 8am Wednesday
Monday 8pm - Tuesday 8pm Wednesday 8am Thursday
Tuesday 8pm - Wednesday 8pm Thursday 8am Friday
Wednesday 8pm - Thursday 8pm Friday 8am Saturday
Thursday 8pm - Sunday 8pm Monday 8am Tuesday
* Items bought on the day before any Bank Holiday will be sent the next available working day when Royal Mail operates (except Saturdays to avoid weekend delays).
We are a family run business based in North Wales in the Vale of Clwyd and we propagate and grow all of our stock on site from seed or cutting, we do not import or buy any of our plants. Instead, we take care of the plant from its very first day of life. All of purchased plants will be FRESHLY HAND-PICKED from our nursery on the very day of purchase. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, We usually respond on the same day.
© Please note: all rights reserved to JURASSICPLANTS NURSERIES concerning all photographs provided for this listing.