Write Yourself: Creative Writing and Personal Development (Writing for Therapy .See original listing
24 Aug, 2012 23:47:10 BST
Welwyn, United Kingdom
New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. See the seller's ... Read moreabout the condition
|Author:||Gillie E. J. Bolton|
|Series:||Writing for Therapy or Personal Development||Subject 2:||Medical Nursing & Ancillary Services|
Not quite what you're looking for? See more books in:
Free UK delivery...
Not even the right subject?!
See books in:
What's It all About?
"Write Yourself" is the ideal introduction to how to facilitate groups and individuals in finding inspiration for their creative personal writing voices. This book explains how and why writing is such an illuminative, healing, and cathartic process, and provides many practical exercises that encourage the exploration of emotions, memories and experiences. Chapters cover the use of writing with a variety of client groups, including those made up of people suffering from depression, anxiety or health problems, and advice is given both on running and participating in successful writing groups. This book will be an invaluable resource for professionals working across the health, social care and caring professions, arts therapists and for everyone interested in the therapeutic qualities of creative writing. 'Writing for Therapy or Personal Development', a foundation library to a rapidly developing field, covers the theory and practice of key areas. Clearly exemplified, engaging and accessible, the series is appropriate for therapeutic, healthcare, or creative writing practitioners and facilitators, and for individual writers or courses.
Condition & Availability?
Overall condition: new/unused/unread. New and unused.
Ordered direct from Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Dispatched in a few days.
No-hassle refunds are always available if your book is not as expected.
See for full details.
Foreword by Nicholas F. Mazza, Ph.D. Preface.
1. Becoming Our Own Shaman: Introduction to Therapeutic Creative Writing.
2. 'A Story of Gaining Understanding and Insight': How to Begin.
3. 'I Got in Touch with Myself': Values, Principles, Practice.
4. 'Secrets Kept Safe and Sound': Children Writing.
5. 'Writing is a Way of Saying Things I Can't Say': Writing with the Very Sick.
6. 'Keep Taking the Words': Writing to Help with Anxiety, Depression and Mental Health.
7. 'Follow the Wings of the Imagination': Writing and Therapy or Counselling.
8. 'Writing Gives us Wings so We Can Fly': Writing in Substance and Alcohol Abuse Treatment.
9. 'Ideas Hunt Me, Catch Me, Make Me Write': Writing for Victims of Torture and Asylum Seekers.
10. A Craft to Take You Through Storms, and Keep You Still': Writing in Prison.
11. Understanding Misunderstanding: Reflective Writing for Professional Development.
12. Mystery and Mastery: Running Therapeutic Creative Writing Groups.
13. 'It Helped Me Get Involved with Myself': Running Residential Writing Groups.
14. 'Tread Softly Because You Tread on My Dreams': Conclusion, a Conversation Between Juhani Ihanus and Gillie Bolton. References. Index.
The Back Cover...
Key Subjects and Similar Categories
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Buying many books? We'll hold for as long as possible, and significantly discount delivery charges. Sorry - no collections. Please feel free to make. All sales are subject to our extended as well as our Return Policy and Payment Instructions . Visit our for details and many more books on special offer! Template layout and design, "JNC Inc Academic Books", "needbooks", Copyright © JNC Inc. Designated trademarks, layouts and brands are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved .
Return policy details
Full no-hassle refunds for faulty / not-as-described goods as covered under The Sale of Goods Act 1979. UK general returns accepted as covered under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 within two weeks; buyer liable for return costs. Non-UK general returns accepted only under negotiation for each specific transaction. All sales are subject to our Terms and Conditions.