This is a "Multiple Variation" style listing. Use the "Seed Qty" drop-down menu, above, to select quantity/weight.
30 Seeds for $2.00
100 Seeds for $4.00
200 Seeds for $6.00
400 Seeds for $10.00
800 Seeds for $18.00
1,600 Seeds for $32.00
Yellow Manchu Rose, Rosa xanthina, Shrub Seeds
Hardy, Fast Growth, Showy Fragrant Flowers, Hedge, Attracts Birds, Hummingbirds and Butterflies, Drought and Wind Tolerant, Adaptable
Rosa xanthina, commonly called Manchu Rose, is a wild shrub rose native to open slopes and scrubby areas in central China. It typically grows on upright, arching canes 6 to 9 feet tall with a slightly larger spread. Reddish stems armed with reddish-brown thorns are clad with medium green fern-like leaves, each leaf having 7 to 13 small broad-ovate leaflets to 1 inch long. Single to semi-double yellow flowers to 2 inches appear for several weeks from late April into May in a dense bloom. Flowers have a musk fragrance. There is no repeat bloom except for a possible sparse smattering of flowers in early autumn. Flowers are followed by attractive spherical to ellipsoid red hips that mature in late summer and persist on the shrub into winter. Foliage usually produces insignificant fall color but occasionally an interesting blend of yellow, orange and red will occur.
Other Names: Canary Bird Rose, Father Hugo Rose
Zone: 5 to 9
Growth Rate: Fast
Plant Type: Deciduous Shrub
Native Range: Northern China, Korea
Height: 6 to 10 feet
Spread: 6 to 10 feet
Shape: Upright arching habit
Bloom Time: April-May
Bloom Color: Yellow
Sun: Full Sun
Fall Color: Occasionally yellow, orange and red.
Drought Tolerance: Moderate
Site Requirements /Soil Tolerances: Best grown in organically rich, medium moisture, well-drained loams in full sun. Tolerates poor soils and some dryness. Tolerates light shade but best flowering and disease resistance generally occur in full sun.
Culture: Water deeply and regularly (mornings are best). Avoid overhead watering. Good air circulation promotes vigorous and healthy growth and helps control foliar diseases. Summer mulch helps retain moisture, keeps roots cool and discourages weeds. Prune as needed in late winter.
Uses: Tall informal hedge, shrub border or rose garden. Group in sunny areas of the landscape.
Sowing Rosa xanthina Seeds:
Manchu Rose seed need a warm spell then a cold spell in order to mature the embryo and reduce the seed coat.
Scarification, Warm then Cold Stratification and moisture enhance germination.
Scarify: Soak 24 hours
Stratify: Warm 60 Days, Cold 60 days, 40 Degrees F in a Moist Medium.
Germination: Sow 1/8” deep
For more information about seed pretreatment and growing trees and shrubs from seed, please try the following link:
- Seeds Packets are labeled with seed name and sowing details.
- Seeds have not been pretreated unless specified in the listing.
- Due to the many factors involved in successful germination, Seller cannot be responsible for buyers growing methods or mistakes.
- I have provided what I believe to be a good overview on this page (which you are free to print for further reference), however, it is still recommended to check specialist literature for more details and practices specific to your climate and soil conditions to avoid mistakes in the germination and growing process.
U.S. Shipping and Handling is $2.25 for the first item and $0.50 for each additional item sent via USPS First Class Mail.
International Shipping and Handling is $3.99 and $0.50 for each additional item sent via USPS First Class International Mail.
Deadline to qualify for 1 day shipping:
Payments must be received by 3:00 pm Pacific Time, Monday-Thursday in order to process and ship by the next business day. Weekends and U.S. Holidays CAN NOT apply for 1 day shipping.
- Purchases will ship within 1 business day after receiving cleared payment. This does not include weekends or holidays when post offices are closed.
- To qualify for combined shipping, items must be purchased within 7 days AND paid for together on a single invoice. When you have finished shopping, please request a combined invoice before paying.
- Shipping and handling charges cover: shipping, packaging, handling and insurance. This Does Not cover invalid shipping addresses, customs regulations or Tariffs.
- USPS Priority Flat Rate is available for an additional fee upon request. USPS Priority Flat Rate does not provide a tracking number for International shipments.
- Please check your invoice BEFORE PAYING. If there is a problem with the amount due please message me so I can correct the problem for you. Buyer assumes responsibility once payment has been made.
- I accept PayPal only. Payment is due within seven (7) days of purchase.
- If you do not have a PayPal account please message me for alternative payment methods before purchasing.
- Please notify me if you are not able to send your payment by its due date. Unless prior arrangements have been made, any payments not received by its due date will be turned over to the EBay resolution center. Please note: If you choose to let it go unpaid then you could get an unpaid strike(s), which will cause you to be blocked by sellers.
The following is EBay procedure for cancellation:
1. You request a cancellation to me.
2. I request this cancellation in EBay.
3. You confirm this cancellation in EBay.
4. Upon completion of all these steps your purchase will go away with no penalties. Please note: This needs to be done for each item individually and before its due date.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to know their countries customs laws.
- Plant and plant materials including seeds may be restricted from importing to your country. Please check with your customs agency and or post office before purchasing. Upon purchasing this item Buyer accepts the risk of item being confiscated and/or destroyed by customs and Seller will not be held liable for this.
- If you are on my exclusion list it is because: “Plant and plant materials including seeds” are restricted from importing to your country, it is enforced by your country and there is a high rate of customs checking for this.
- Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
- Tracking is not available for International items. International mail varies from 10 to 30 business days (postal working days) and some countries require certain International items to be picked up at your post office. Upon processing your order, you will be sent a customs number, your shipping date and your shipping address, which you will need in order to retrieve it from your post office if you are required to do so. If these are not picked up in a reasonable time they may be returned or discarded.
- All mail items are subject to inspection by customs when crossing into another country. If stopped for inspection this will cause serious delays in receiving your item(s). You may or may not be notified of this. This may require you to pick up your package from your post office.
Replacements and Refunds:
- If there is any problem with your order, please notify me via Ebay message only. This will have your Ebay user name and it is the only valid form of communication that EBay accepts.
- This is the date you paid if different from the date you purchased.
- This is required in order to help expedite any issues you are having with your purchase.
- All items are shipped in a padded envelope. If any items are delivered damaged please notify me with a short description of the damage.
- Once confirmed, a replacement for the damaged item(s) will be sent on the next shipping day.
- If item is out of stock, you will be offered to choose from a substitute replacement or refund including shipping for that item.
In order to determine if your package is lost the following are required:
- Confirmation of the correct shipping address. It is the buyer's responsibility to provide a valid shipping address. Seller is NOT responsible for invalid shipping addresses.
- A sufficient amount of time has passed from the date shipped to allow for any package that took the scenic route to get to their destination. The postal service is not perfect and packages may sometimes take a wrong turn but will usually find their way to their destination.
a. U.S.: Expect 2 to 15 business days (up to 3 weeks).
b. International: Expect 10 to 30 business days (up to 5 weeks).
- International Orders: Confirmation that you have contacted your post office with your customs number as described above and what or if your post office found anything.
- Once purchase has been determined lost you will be a offered a choice of the following:
a. To send replacement item(s) if available.
b. To send a substitution if out of stock.
c. Full refund including shipping fees.
d. Please note: There is no option for a refund if a replacement or substitution has been chosen and shipped.
Return items: Refund will be given if item is returned within 14 days and as it was received.
Upon receiving your item(s) please inspect your purchase right away. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase:
1. Please notify me with a description of the problem.
2. You will be authorized to return item as it was received.
3. Once item has been received by seller, a refund will be promptly given for the purchase price. This does not include shipping and handling unless prior approval has been given.