Yellow Tongue Cable Feed Tool also known as Wall Snake / Cavity Master Rod KingSee original listing
05 Jul, 2012 06:37:46 BST
AU $17.70 (approx. £10.74) AusPost Air Mail Parcel | See details
See details about international postage here.
Items delivered internationally may be subject to customs processing depending on the item's declared value.
Sellers set the item's declared value and must comply with customs declaration laws.
Buyers may be subject to additional charges for customs clearance.
Visit eBay's page on international selling.
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
The Yellow Tongue is without doubt the most used tool for running cables inside walls, and roofs.
3.5 metres Long
Pre- Drilled and pointed
As this type of plastic has a "memory effect" and comes pre-coiled for transport its best to straighten it out overnight before use. For best results slide yellow-tongue into a conduit /pipe or straighten it out under a long plank of timber and leave there until use
Tricks of the trade:
Cut out a wall-plate rectangle in your plaster 100mm wide x 50-60mm high.
On modern single brick houses with Foil and insulation its best to poke a hole in the foil and slide the yellow tongue between the foil and bricks.
Slide the yellow-tongue up the wall instead of shoving it up. When you feel the noggin or obstacle, then full twist the yellow tongue around 180 degrees to bypass the obstacle, then try pushing up again.
If you have too many obstacles and get cannot past them, go to plan "b" and try going down the wall from the outside rather than up the wall from the inside. This is most useful when there is chunks of cement / mortar on the inside of the bricks that you cannot pass. Have someone inside tell you when they see the yellow tongue in the wall-plate cutout so you can pull it out of the wall with pointy nose pliers or a hook wire.
There is usually no need to enter hot, dusty roof spaces with itchy insulation. Certainly not the best place to be on a hot summer day.
Slide or pull out a roof tile, tape on the cable tightly to the yellow tongue and feed this through the roof,
Walk to where the end of the yellow tongue is, slide up a roof tile, then use a hook wire or straightened out clothes hanger to pull the yellow tongue up and then push along further into the roof space to where the cable is going. Always remember to put back tiles in place when finished. If you find the tile will not sit back in place properly there is probably a nail or tile-crumbs that's stuck under the tile. Pull the nail out or nail back in place and slide the tile back down.
Using on Double Brick Walls
Instead of drilling straight into the brick horizontally- you drill upwards on 45 degree angle. This gives the yellow tongue a head-start and will slide up the cavity easier.
StorageStore the yellow tongue out of sunlight for long periods, when travelling store in a 25mm conduit to keep straight for next use
* Your order will be shipped within 1-2 business days once payment is received.
* Orders are shipped either via Australia Post or Selected courier services
* Some parcels require a Signature on Delivery. Only the first Delivery attempt is made. If nobody is available for a signature, a calling card will be left with instructions for parcel collection. You may then have to take the card to the post office or the Courier depot for collection along with some identification. Some Delivery Services may charge a re-delivery fee.
* Express Post is Available. If Price is not listed please contact us for an estimate
* We do not ship on weekend or public holidays.
* We cannot be held responsible for missing packages unless registered post option selected.
* Postage price includes shipping and handling charges, including all materials and labour required to ensure the parcel is safe for transportation
* We accept Bank Deposit & Paypal. Credit card payment can also be made via Paypal.
* If you pay by Paypal e-check, we will ship your order once your payment is cleared.
* To expedite your order processing please include your ebay username in all forms of payment including bank deposit
( please do not use the item number )
* To ensure the fastest possible service, please send us a confirmation email once a bank deposit is made to our account
* We stand behind our products. Items can be returned for exchange or full refund within 30 days from the date you receive your item.
* Return shipping is the responsibility of buyer unless the return is a result of our mistake (i.e., your receive the wrong item). We will pay for shipping replacement back to you if an exchange is requested.
* If you have a problem with your order please contact us first for resolution.