All listings for this product
Best-selling in Personal Development
Save on Personal Development
- £14.12Trending at £19.19
- £5.84Trending at £6.17
- £9.79Trending at £10.74
- £6.09Trending at £6.17
- £5.57Trending at £6.99
- £8.58Trending at £9.25
- £9.58Trending at £11.47
About this product
- DescriptionMaintaining a strong and healthy self-esteem can help an individual be happy, successful and well-adjusted, but the consequences of negative self-esteem can be very severe: depression, anxiety, fragile relationships and a lifetime of unnecessary suffering. This book offers readers a comprehensive programme for assessing and increasing self-esteem.
- Author BiographyGlenn R. Schiraldi, PhD, has served on the stress management faculties at the Pentagon, the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, and the University of Maryland, where he received the Outstanding Teaching Award and other teaching and service awards. His books on stress-related topics have been translated into nine foreign languages. Schiraldi's writing has been recognized by various scholarly and popular sources, including The Washington Post, the American Journal of Health Promotion, the Mind/Body Health Review, and the International Stress and Tension Control Society Newsletter. Schiraldi's special passion is presenting skills-based resilience training to high-risk groups, such as the military, police, firefighters, and their families. The goal of such training is to optimize mental fitness and performance, while preventing, and facilitating recovery from, stress-related conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). His resilience courses at the University of Maryland have been found to improve resilience, optimism, self-esteem, happiness, curiosity, depression, anxiety, and anger.
- Author(s)Glenn R. Schiraldi
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication20/07/2007
- GenrePopular Psychology
- Series TitleNew Harbinger Ten Simple Solutions Series
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight184 g
- Width138 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.