All listings for this product
Best selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £115.09Trending at £126.44
- £8.68Trending at £10.55
- £14.08Trending at £16.44
- £6.92Trending at £7.45
- £10.33Trending at £10.65
- £8.83Trending at £9.17
- £16.99Trending at £24.49
About this product
- DescriptionFrom chapter discussions and code lists to practice problems and illustrations, this workbook delivers the information and practice learners need to work competently with medical coding and conventions, procedure coding, and health insurance claims, while managing the October 2014 transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 standards.
- Author BiographyMary Jo Bowie is the owner of Health Information Professional Services in Binghamton, New York, which has provided medical record consultative services for various health facilities for more than 25 years. She served as an instructor in Health Information Technology Programs for more than 20 years, teaching such courses as Inpatient Coding, Ambulatory Care Coding, Quality Assurance, Survey of Healthcare and Computers in Healthcare. Ms. Bowie is now the Health Information Management and Medical Coding program director at Mount Wachusett Community College and an associate professor. She develops all course content within the curriculum, including ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS courses, CPT/HCPCS courses, Introduction and Advanced Health Data courses. Ms. Bowie is a registered Health Information Administrator and an accredited Health Information Technician. She is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and is also an AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS-approved Train the Trainer. She served on the New York State Health Information Association Board of Directors from 1989 to 1991 and was education director and on the Ambulatory Coding Guideline Committee. Ms. Bowie was the New York State nominee for the National Award for Literacy Contribution to Profession, 1993 and 1994. She is a National and Regional speaker on ICD-9-CM, CPT and ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, as well as a trusted course writer for Cengage Learning. Ms. Bowie holds an Associate of Arts Degree, a Bachelor of Science Degree and a Master of Science Degree. She has conducted more than 50 national training seminars on ICD-10-CM/PCS coding. Gail I. Smith is President of Gail I. Smith Consulting in Cincinnati and has more than 35 years' experience in the field of coding, education, and health information management (HIM). Gail was an associate professor and director of the Health Information Management Program at the University of Cincinnati, and HIM program director at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College. Gail has authored several coding textbooks and is an AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and Academy faculty member. Ms. Smith is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), previously serving on the Board of Directors. She received her bachelor's degree from The Ohio State University and her master's degree in education from the College of St. Joseph in Cincinnati, OH.
- Author(s)Gail Smith,Mary Jo Bowie
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight407 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.