All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKNOCKED UP's Katherine Heigl stars in this romantic comedy about a selfless young woman who is trapped in the role of perennial bridesmaid. Set in New York City, the film opens with Jane (Heigl) racing by cab to appear in two friends' weddings in the same night. She is the maid of honour for both fetes, and she rushes back and forth. She meets Malcolm (James Marsden), a cynical young man who, unbeknownst to her, writes for a newspaper's wedding column. Malcolm is intrigued by the sheer number of times Jane has played bridesmaid, and he secretly decides to write a story about her. To further complicate Jane's life, her younger sister Tess (Malin Akerman) has just come to town and ensnared Jane's longtime crush, George (Edward Burns). When George and Tess become engaged, Jane faces the humiliating prospect of playing bridesmaid in the wedding of her sister and the man she loves. Meanwhile, Malcolm continues hounding Jane, and Jane's life and closet soon explode in a taffeta-tangled mess that forces her to make some big changes.
Heigl is a pleasure to watch, as she has the kind of crowd-pleasing, no-nonsense presence that could ground any film, so 27 DRESSES greatly benefits from her comedic skill and charm. The film features all of the hallmarks of chick flick fare, such as the wacky best friend, a dress-up sequence, and obnoxious but strangely attractive love interest. Heigl deserves comparisons to Julia Roberts for her sheer likability, and like PRETTY WOMAN, women will are likely to greatly enjoy 27 DRESSES due to the central performance, fantasy elements, and the attractive lady parading around in numerous different outfits.
- Video Trailer
- Leading Role 1Malin Akerman
- Director 1Anne Fletcher
- Leading Role 2Judy Greer
- Leading Role 3James Marsden
- Additional Roles byKatherine Heigl,Edward Burns
- ProducerRoger Birnbaum,Jonathan Glickman,Gary Barber
- ScreenwriterAline Brosh McKenna
- Score ComposerRandy Edelman
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2008
- Additional GenreRomantic
- Running Time107 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- sammie322 Jun, 2011by
I have been waiting to see this film for a while and when I watched it , it was as good as i thought it would be , i enjoyed it a lot , it has both laughter and romance together which make a good film .I'll give it a 5/5
- 10television10 Nov, 2010by
27 Dresses (DVD)
I WOULD RATE THIS FILM AS A 100%. I BOUGHT THE FILM BECAUSE I HAD SEEN IT BEFORE AND WANTED TO ADD IT TO MY COLLECTION.
- abigailcabraham18 Aug, 2010by
Brilliant and funny film, a little predictable at times but it's still good fun. I found it was very well advertised but also found the best bits were shown in the adverts. I would still recommend.
- llama_likes_jaz...10 Apr, 2009by
Full of witty remarks, good comebacks and a bit of smootching on the side this is a good rom-com. Would recommend to anyone. But only just passed mark for buying it for the keeping. Good ending and not ties left undone!
- fairykim8922 Sep, 2008by
Always the Bridesmaid, never the Bride
Fantastic chick flick- James Marsden and Katherine Heigl are superb! The story is great for anyone that loves a wedding. The film takes you on an emotional journey as you follow Jane, a seasoned Bridemaid, as she watches her younger sister turn up and become involved with Jane's Boss, the man Jane has admired from afar for a very long time. Very quickly, Jane is set to organising wedding number 28... Throw in the newspaper's cynical commitments writer Malcolm (Kevin) Doyle, and you have a great film!
Best selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £14.90Trending at £17.22
- £41.99Trending at £51.69
- £5.75Trending at £6.45
- £6.50Trending at £8.06
- £6.50Trending at £7.50
- £20.60Trending at £24.71
- £4.99Trending at £8.23