All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.69
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe third book from the Meek Family, 50 Evening Adventures encourages families to make the most of their 5 to 9, those evening hours after school and after work.
- Author BiographyTIM AND KERRY MEEK, teachers from Nottingham, are just regular parents striving to bring up their two daughters, Amy (12) and Ella (10), as best they can. Their approach to parenting is one full of love and care, but one that is also deliberately punctuated with managed risk and age-appropriate challenge. They use a little less cotton wool to wrap up their children, and they search out and seize opportunities to enjoy outdoor quality family time. The Meek family are currently taking a year out of formal education and are travelling round Britain in search of adventure. Their mantra Adventure is out there; you just have to go and find it. is a quote that Amy expressed when she was 7 years old. It remains at the core of everything they do as a family. Tim and Kerry believe that encouraging family adventuring in the outdoors has several key benefits for all family members, but particularly the children: It promotes quality family time, leads to shared experiences, and can strengthen family bonds It helps develop important skills and competencies in children such as planning, risk assessment, collaboration and many more It promotes and encourages an interest in nature, wildlife and the natural world It presents opportunities to value and develop important personal qualities e.g. resilience, perseverance, determination, flexible thinking and problem solving It's fun and highly rewarding!
- Author(s)Meek Family
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- GenreFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Weight363 g
- Width168 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.