All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpanish is the fourth-most-widely spoken language in the world and a language of ever-increasing importance in the United States. Giving an introduction to the history of the Spanish language, this work charts the evolution of Spanish from its Indo-European roots onwards. It also traces the development of Spanish from its Latin roots.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Pharies is professor of Spanish and linguistics and chair of the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures at the University of Florida. He is also editor-in-chief of the best-selling The University of Chicago Spanish Dictionary, Fifth Edition.
- Author(s)David A. Pharies
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication22/06/2007
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note9 maps, 2 line drawings
- Weight338 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.