All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis autobiography tells of the early years of a person who, in later life, would become one of Egypt's most influential radical Islamist thinkers. This memoir - a document of substantial historical value - tells of Sayyid Qutb's childhood in the village of Musha in Upper Egypt.
- Author BiographySayyid Qutb (1906-1966) was a member of the Muslim Brotherood and prominent Islamist revivalist figure whose career spanned the middle decades of this century. John Calvert is assistant professor of history at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. He has published several articles on Islamic movements and thinkers. William Shepard is professor emeritus of religious studies at the University Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand. He is the author of The Faith of a Modern Muslim Intellectual: The Religious Aspects and Implications of the Writings of Ahmad Amin and Sayyid Qutb and Islamic Activism: A Translation and Critical Analysis of 'Social Justice in Islam.'
- Author(s)Sayyid Qutb
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2004
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleMiddle East Literature in Translation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJohn Calvert,William E. Shepard
- Translated byJohn Calvert,William E. Shepard
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.