CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.55
- £13.11Trending at £19.97
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.90
- £18.34Trending at £23.89
- £7.00Trending at £8.49
- £14.89Trending at £17.18
About this product
- DescriptionAlfred Hitchcock remains the quintessential cinematic auteur - the director as hero. Debate over his status as an obsessive and dictatorial artist has raised pressing questions about the relation between individual authorship and contexts, influences, and collaborators.
- Author BiographyThomas Leitch is Professor of English at the University of Delaware, where he directs the Film Studies Program. His books include Find the Director and Other Hitchcock Games (1991), The Encyclopedia of Alfred Hitchcock (2002), and, most recently, Film Adaptation and Its Discontents: From Gone with the Wind to The Passion of the Christ (2007). Leland Poague is Professor of English at Iowa State University. With Marshall Deutelbaum, he edited A Hitchcock Reader (1986, 2009). His other books include Another Frank Capra (1994), Howard Hawks (1982), and, with William Cadbury, Film Criticism: A Counter Theory (1982).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleWiley-Blackwell Companions to Film Directors
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight1258 g
- Width179 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byLeland A. Poague,Thomas M. Leitch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.