All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £43.28Trending at £61.98
- £21.42Trending at £21.70
- £21.94Trending at £25.50
- £27.33Trending at £29.93
- £21.72Trending at £22.51
- £10.42Trending at £13.50
- £12.88Trending at £15.66
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Early Cinema is an authoritative reference on the subfield of early cinema. An international group of expert scholars interrogate major concerns in early cinema studies, such as exhibition, promotion, industry, pre-cinema, and film criticism, and take an ambitious look at ideas and themes that take the subject into the future.
- Author BiographyAndre Gaudreault is Professor in Film Studies at the Universite de Montreal, where he heads the research group GRAFICS (Groupe de recherche sur l avenement et la formation des institutions cinematographique et scenique). He is also director of the bilingual journal Cinemas, published in Montreal. He has presented numerous scholarly papers and published extensively on film narration and early cinema. Nicolas Dulac is Lecturer in Film Studies at the Universite de Montreal. He has published on early cinema and turn-of-the-century popular culture in journals such as 1895 Revue d Histoire du Cinema, Cinema & Cie, and Early Popular Visual Culture. Santiago Hidalgo is Lecturer in Film Studies at the Universite de Montreal. He has published on early cinema, film criticism, and film historiography in Cinemas and in conference proceedings for events in Udine, Italy and Cerisy, France.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1246 g
- Width179 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAndre Gaudreault,Nicolas Dulac,Santiago Hidalgo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.