All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis complete guide to ancient Greek rhetoric is exceptional both in its chronological range and the breadth of topics it covers.
* Traces the rise of rhetoric and its uses from Homer to Byzantium.
* Covers wider-ranging topics such as rhetoric's relationship to knowledge, ethics, religion, law, and emotion.
- Author BiographyIan Worthington is Frederick A. Middlebush Professor of History at the University of Missouri-Columbia, USA. His previous publications include Demosthenes: Statesman and Orator (2000), Alexander the Great: A Reader (2003), and a biography, Alexander the Great: Man and God (2004).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2009
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to the Ancient World
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1024 g
- Width180 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byIan Worthington
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.50
- £17.25Trending at £25.00
- £9.85Trending at £10.66
- £16.99Trending at £18.09
- £7.78Trending at £8.38
- £12.34Trending at £13.28
- £12.76Trending at £13.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.