All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 85 new and updated essays written by an outstanding cast of leading scholars and rising stars in the field, this comprehensive volume provides an authoritative guide to the philosophy of religion. This extensively revised second edition contains 22 new entries combined with updated and reorganized, material from the previous edition.
- Author BiographyCharles Taliaferro is professor of philosophy at St. Olaf College and the author or editor of eleven books, including Evidence and Faith: Philosophy and Religion since the Seventeenth Century (2005). He is on the editorial board of American Philosophical Quarterly, Philosophy Compass, Sophia, and Religious Studies, and has been a visiting scholar at NYU and Oxford, Princeton, and Columbia Universities. Paul Draper is professor of philosophy at Purdue University and a former president of the Society for Philosophy of Religion. He is the author of the article Pain and Pleasure: An Evidential Problem for Theists in Nous (1989) and the editor of God or Blind Nature? Philosophers Debate the Evidence (2007). He is editor of Philo: A Journal of Philosophy and serves on the editorial boards of International Journal for Philosophy of Religion and Faith and Philosophy. Philip L. Quinn (1940-2004) was John A. O'Brien Professor of Philosophy at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana. He was author of Divine Commands and Moral Requirements (1978) and of numerous articles in philosophy of religion, philosophy of science, theoretical physics, religious ethics, metaphysics, epistemology, value theory, political philosophy, and philosophy and literature.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2010
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Philosophy
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight1504 g
- Width178 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byCharles Taliaferro,Paul Draper,Philip L. Quinn
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.23
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.94Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £4.53Trending at £6.44
- £7.82Trending at £8.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.